Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

I've learnt not to trust those. For example, I'm not Marley Williams, Firestarter is not Brad Scott, Twinkletoes is not a car and I'm pretty sure you're not Amitabh Bachchan (yes, I right clicked).
I am, however, a hot chick with a slightly masculine voice.

He was so good. Flourishing in a team where theres no Boomer or Wells.
Love him. My most favourite pickup since we got Shagga.

He's the classiest player we have for sure now. What a game today! He'll be numero uno target for opposition planning now as a result. Gun!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the classiest player we have for sure now. What a game today! He'll be numero uno target for opposition planning now as a result. Gun!
Said it at quarter time but Chris Scott was stupid for not tagging him. We wouldnt have gotten close if not for Shauns influence.
Worried that teams will sit on him now after his opening two rounds.

Said it at quarter time but Chris Scott was stupid for not tagging him. We wouldnt have gotten close if not for Shauns influence.
Worried that teams will sit on him now after his opening two rounds.

You just know the smug monobrowed turd who coaches The AFL Select franchise will have a Coniglio type try and ruffle Higgo's feathers all day next week for starters.

Except for the fact that there's only one of him, he's got traits of both Boomer and Wellsy, plus he can tackle. Can play inside/outside like Wellsy, and can run it out of a stoppage for a clearance. Disposal pretty good (often part of chains), great I50 kick, and can finish (like Boomer, unlike Wellsy). He may not be quite as good as either compared to each of their top levels in different facets, but much more well-rounded.

Last edited:
Remember the outrage when Higgins was given a four year deal but greenwood was let go of?

I have often bagged the list management team but they do get some things correct
There was outrage based on the suggestion one was contingent on the other. It also got a decent half-life because it became a running joke.

Was very pleased we got him at the time, but he's exceeded my expectations. Pure class, with a strong competitive streak and a team player too.

You just know the smug monobrowed turd who coaches The AFL Select franchise will have a Coniglio type try and ruffle Higgo's feathers all day next week for starters.

LOL, he is smug, isn't he?

I suspect Coniglio won't be back for another couple of weeks, and their two most niggly players are Greene and Devon Smith who both play as small forwards, perhaps because they haven't got the tanks to be on the ball (or more likely, because they kick so many f***ing goals). If I was Cameron, I would use one of them to tag Higgo but he'd probably get away from them. Maybe a teaching job for Hopper or Taranto?

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/04/03/what-we-learned-from-round-2/

Higgins may be the most underrated player in the competition

It’s easy to forget how good Shaun Higgins is. He missed a large chunk of 2016 with a bum knee, an injury that had a telling effect on North’s slide down the ladder. The Roos desperately missed his creativity forward of centre, but after putting on a sensational performance in the heartbreaking loss to Geelong, the footy world was reminded how dangerous Higgins is.

Playing predominantly in the middle of the ground, Higgins was able to provide an offensive spark with the ball, while also putting the Cats’ midfielders under duress. When he got the footy, the 29-year-old was able to burst through the packs, aggressively taking the Roos forward, on his way to gaining 784 metres and nine inside 50s.

On the flipside, Higgins was tasked with playing on the likes of Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood on numerous occasions, doing enough to make it difficult for the dynamic duo at times. The 25 pressure acts and seven tackles the Roo provided represent his ferocious application of defensive principles in tight.

Not many players boast Higgins’ unique blend of speed, precision and toughness. If he gets an uninterrupted injury run this season, North Melbourne has a player that many teams will struggle to contain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back