#40 Adam Kennedy - Inaugural Giant (2011 list concession selection)

Remove this Banner Ad

... and here it is!

Congratulations Adam on a wonderful milestone.

One of those blue-collar players who tend to be the glue locking a club together.

Sunday’s match at Optus Stadium against West Coast will see Adam Kennedy celebrate 150 AFL games and 150 games as a GIANT. The 30-year-old has so far played 149 games in the orange and charcoal since joining the GIANTS as an undrafted 19-year-old ahead of the club’s inaugural season in 2012. One of six remaining foundation players, Kennedy becomes just the seventh foundation player to reach the milestone for the GIANTS.

This is a great story, and shows exactly why we love this guy.

On Sunday he will play his 150th game and become a life member, the 19th person to be recognised with that honour and just the seventh member of the inaugural squad to make it there. “I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t thought about it,” he said.

“Not really the 150. That’s nice, but the fact that it brings life membership – some people might think that’s not a big deal, but to me it is. It’s just that feeling of belonging, it makes me look back and think back. I’m a bit of a traditionalist, with loyalty and everything like that, and I’m proud to be a one-club player. I’m never going to play 300 games or be one of those guys, but to have been here from the start is something special to me. This place and the people within the walls, they’re family to me. I hope I can come back to this place for years and years and still have that same feeling.”

“This is my club and I’m going to be looking back when I’m 60 and being the biggest supporter of the GIANTS, which I’m proud of. If I’m helping to develop guys and playing my role on that side of things, then that will motivate me and keep me going. We’ve got the best young group at the moment. I’m excited for what they’re going to bring and that makes it easier for me to think, ‘I really want to help these guys out.’ Whatever they need, I’m here for them.”

Last edited:
Adam Kennedy was delisted (with one year of his contract left) at the end of season 2023, with a view to reselecting him in the Rookie Draft.

That has now occurred - welcome back Adam!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back