#40 Adam Kennedy - Inaugural Giant (2011 list concession selection)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Adam Kennedy

Adam+Kennedy+XP3xfpGRkjXm.jpg

Height: 182cm
Weight: 78kg
D/O/B: 12/7/1992
Position: Defender

Last edited:

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Seriously, Kenners is great with kids. I was able to attend a closed training session for sponsors and at the conclusion Adam came over, introduced himself and asked my then 6 year old who his favourite Giant was - because he'd introduce him.
Generally, I think most of our guys do a good job of engaging with the kids. But I agree particularly on Kenners - on Tuesday, he was one of the last three (with Dylan & Cogs) to leave the kids signing session.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Generally, I think most of our guys do a good job of engaging with the kids. But I agree particularly on Kenners - on Tuesday, he was one of the last three (with Dylan & Cogs) to leave the kids signing session.

I'd add Jezza to that lot. The first club night I attended I was really impressed with how he played kick to kick with a group of kids after the rest of the team had left the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scans have confirmed Greater Western Sydney defender Adam Kennedy tore his ACL during their shock 23-point loss to St Kilda at Etihad Stadium.

Kennedy landed awkwardly during a marking contest, in an eerily similar fashion to Western Bulldogs captain Bob Murphy against Hawthorn last season, midway through the first quarter of Friday night's game and went straight to the Giants' rooms in obvious distress.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...y-after-loss-to-st-kilda-20170506-gvzi8r.html

Pocket Profile: Adam Kennedy
GIANTS Media
Mar 28, 2019 1:42PM

SLIDER-PROFILEKENNEDY19.jpg

Find out more about dashing defender Adam Kennedy who apparently goes by the nickname 'Viper Strike'.

Name: Adam Kennedy

Nickname: AJ, ViperStrike

Any pre-game superstitions or routines: Steal a strand of Nick Haynes’ hair when he’s not looking
Greatest individual effort you have seen on the footy field: Lachlan Keeffe using Leon Cameron as a water boy
A player from another team you would love to play with and why: Eddie Betts so I don’t have to play on him
Best rule in footy and why: Out of bounds, it’s dangerous playing in the grandstand
And the worst and why: Chopping the arms
How many games of footy do you watch each weekend: Anywhere between 1 and 9
Your favourite TV football show and why: On the Couch
Favourite commentator and why: Ricky Ponting, knows his cricket
Favourite meal the night before a game: Spag bol
Which teammate should appear on the next series of The Bachelor: Tim Taranto – handsome and mischevious
Teammate most likely to succeed after football and why: Phil Davis. Phil, you hiring?
Which teammate belts out your club theme song with the most gusto: Zac Williams
Favourite Netflix series: How I Met Your Mother
Apple Music or Spotify: Spotify
Do you play Fortnite: No
Favourite comedian: Zach Sproule or Carl Barron
Favourite animal and why: Orangutan, self explanatory
Favourite section of the AFL Record: Spot the difference
Your favourite possession: Snapped a goal round one, 2013
Best gift you have received: Josh Kelly shouted me a coffee, I nearly fell over
If you won Tattslotto, what is the first thing you would buy: An orangutan
Your favourite holiday destination: Croatia
The most famous person you have met: The Rock
The most famous person you would like to meet: Dwayne Johnson
Dream job if you weren’t a footballer: An orangutanologist
Dream place to live in the world: Melton
The funniest/weirdest thing that has happened to you: Josh Kelly shouted me a coffee
What scares you: Leading Mario Kart on the last lap and second place has a red shell ready to launch
What is the one talent you wish you had: I wish I was smarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back