Delisted #40: Ben Howlett - Not offered a contract for 2018 - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Hocking will struggle to get games this year. Defensive mids/taggers can't really be played these days with 18 man zones. If you have one player following one player from the opposition, it leaves it basically a 17 man zone v an 18 man zone.

Nah, Plenty of teams still running with a player who can apply the tag.

Bulldogs have Picken who moves from playing in the forward line to tagging an opponent player and back again. Hocking could play that role, has shown he knows where the goals are.

Still think he would have been good to sit on Rich all day long.

Good to have mature bodies such as Howlett that can come straight into the side when needed.
Needs a good game to hold his spot though.

Not the kind of game tonight that will keep him in instead of Green
Disagree again. Took Rich right out of the game and hurt him the other way.

Disagree again. Took Rich right out of the game and hurt him the other way.
Yup, if you take Rich's left boot out of the game, half the battle is won against Brisbane.

Was he opposed to Rich the whole game? I didn't think he provided all that much offensively, might have to watch it again.
Most of it at least. Was part of several important link-up chains during the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played like someone who hadn't played seniors for so long. A bit fumbly and a step off it, but that's to be expected. Was good to see him out there again :thumbsu:

I didn't realise he had a job on Rich so if that's the case then he played a lot better than I thought.

Thought he played an average game until i found out he had a job on Rich. Was outstanding considering rich had no impact on the game at all.

Would probably be smart to put him on Docherty next week

Doubt I saw Howlett go near Rich. Would be interested for the perspective of someone who was at the Gabba.
He was tagging Rich. Whenever Rich was in frame that I remember Howlett was right next to him.

Seems like he's out for this Sunday's game with a hamstring injury :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back