Past #40: Brent LeCras - selected with #56 in the '03 ND - delisted at the end of the '06 season

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Corey said:
MM you are a wise man but on this occasion I'm gonna hope you're takin' the... mick!

of course mate, i its not often you sit at a game and join in the chorus to abuse the same roo player ;) :

LeCras & Perkins to Port Adelaide Magpies with Jeremy Clayton

Roosters miss out on LeCras

NORTH Ballarat has lost the battle to retain best and fairest Brent LeCras for the 2007 Victorian Football League season.

Delisted by the Kangaroos, LeCras will play with SANFL club Port Adelaide Magpies.

He is making the move with Kangaroos and North Ballarat teammate Justin Perkins.

They will play alongside another former North Ballarat player and Magarey Medallist Jeremy Clayton.

Originally from Western Australia, LeCras spent this year with the Roosters as part of their AFL partnership with the Kangaroos.

He played 18 games with North Ballarat - winning the Allen Stott Memorial Medal - and made just two appearances for the Kangaroos.

The key forward shared the club's leading goalkicking award with Sav Rocca on 44. LeCras booted 20 in the last five games.

North Ballarat football manager Marg Richards said the Roosters had been keen to retain LeCras, but were unable to match the Port Adelaide offer.

While LeCras has slipped through their fingers, the Roosters are making a bid for another delisted Kangaroos forward Ben Schwarze their number one recruiting priority.

North Ballarat's new coach Gerard FitzGerald has long had a high regard for Schwarze.

The pacy Schwarze, who can play tall at 190 centimetres, has played under FitzGerald at VFL clubs Springvale and Port Melbourne.

Schwarze, who played nine games with North Ballarat, is still hoping to resurrect his AFL career through the pre-season draft on Tuesday, December 12, leaving the Roosters with no option but to wait.

North Ballarat has also had feelers out for Schwarze's brother Troy, who has been delisted by St Kilda.

However, he has been invited to train with Port Power leading up to the pre-season draft.

Good luck to both of them.

Following from J Clayton for 05 and Baird for 06...the Port Magpies have signed Lecras and Perkins for the 07 season in the SANFL.

Whats the run down on these two fellas?

I read Lecras won the BnF in the ressies and lead the Goalkicking as well. I know Perkins had big wraps on him a couple of seasons ago but didnt seem to kick on with it.

Is Lecras a power CHF or is he more a lead-mark-kick FF/CHF? Is he strong enough to take some pack marks?

What sort of mid is Perkins? Inside or outside? Hes fairly tall at 188cm. Is he quick? What are his skills like?

Any info would be fantastic!

Cheers :thumbsu:

I'd compare LeCras with Nick Riewoldt, but shorter and is better suited playing off a forward flank

Not too sure about Perkins though, never really paid much attention to him when watching the reserves play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back