Past #40: Brent LeCras - selected with #56 in the '03 ND - delisted at the end of the '06 season

Remove this Banner Ad

vlad76 said:
Le Cras was good. But any calls to drop Sinclair are unfounded IMO. I'd drop Rawlings before any other senior player at the moment.

I agree. Sinclair was pretty good today. A couple of great tackles in the back half. He was copping plenty of attention from the Hawks players too. Must have been hit hard at least 3 or 4 times I think. Got up from all of them.

vlad76 said:
Le Cras was good. But any calls to drop Sinclair are unfounded IMO. I'd drop Rawlings before any other senior player at the moment.

He can't kick to save himself, but he has always been rubbish with the footy. he still shuts blokes down, and there is absolutely no chance he will be dropped and nor should he.

NorthBhoy said:
He can't kick to save himself, but he has always been rubbish with the footy. he still shuts blokes down, and there is absolutely no chance he will be dropped and nor should he.
When was the last time he shut someone down?

Judd did whatever he liked, as did Travis Johnstone.
Not entirely sure who he was playing on yesterday, but it looked like he went to Hodge when Firrito went down, and if so, I won't say anymore. Green has become our number 1 glove man, but Brady to me (and I do not claim to be an expert) has lost his tagging bearings this season, and although he at times gets plenty of the ball, his posessions are at best 50/50 and at worst simply give it away to the opposition.

vlad76 said:
When was the last time he shut someone down?

Judd did whatever he liked, as did Travis Johnstone.
Not entirely sure who he was playing on yesterday, but it looked like he went to Hodge when Firrito went down, and if so, I won't say anymore. Green has become our number 1 glove man, but Brady to me (and I do not claim to be an expert) has lost his tagging bearings this season, and although he at times gets plenty of the ball, his posessions are at best 50/50 and at worst simply give it away to the opposition.

I am half tempted to say he spent time on Guerra, but that could be way off. I don't think any of their midfielders hurt us, so he couldn't have been terrible.

Has to play this week. Always gives McLeod a touch up.

Mailman said:
Bruno plays as third tall....Jones plays as third crumber, who can mark well.

I guess im on my own here but the sooner we get more accountable players into some key positions the better. Sinclair shirks confrontation which you cant have as a defender. Jones doesnt have the motor, which is required if you are playing on the opponents rebounding HBF'er.....thats just the players they are.
Their ability to gets stats has nothing to do with it for me. They are both good when we have the ball.

Bruno 189cm 92 kgs
Jones 187cm 90 kgs Pretty similiar.

Agree with acountability. That's why Grant can't play hff unless we have players like Bruno to help put pressure on opposition hbf's. Grants to slow.

Don't know why people are bagging Sinclair. Great courage, played a good game imo. Tackle on Mitchell highlighted whats been missing the past few weeks. No way he'll be dropped.

Go Roos:D

Surely Brady has enough credits in the bank from the past couple of years?

Drop Rawlings!?! Are you guys insane????????????
Have a look at Judd's last two weeks and think about how he went against the glove. If you compare the Canberra game to his last two weeks Brady gave him a bath. I reckon laidly's instructions to Brady have been to hunt the ball more himself this year, much like Kirk, and this is where his opponents are getting a bit more of it. Drop Rawlings............. Sheesh:rolleyes:

He played a good game. He has really improved his fitness and has at least gained two yards of pace since I first saw him in the VFL. He does the basics well enough and he will be good value if he continues to work as hard as he did yesterday.

Also helped pick up the slack from CJ who is having a relatively bad spell.

makes a difference because he actually wants the ball. Too many players hiding when the ball comes out of half back.

Sinclair & Harding did OK yesterday. Need to stand up more when the chips are down though. A welcome return of Shagga & Boomer.:thumbsu:

Leads...

and leads...

and leads...

and leads...

and we simply won't kick it to him.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in noticing this, but if we won't kick to this guy, Laids will follow suit and typically drop him after two games.

It's not as if he leads to bad positions, we just..... refuse to kick to him.

What does he have to do?

I notice the same thing happens to Hale. He leads all the time, and no one passes it to him.

Good forbid we have 'cliques'

First quarter against Hawthorn he led, they kicked it to him... and he dropped it, so the players decided to kick it to Thommo instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RoyalBlue said:
Leads...

and leads...

and leads...

and leads...

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in noticing this, but if we won't kick to this guy, Laids will follow suit and typically drop him after two games.

What does he have to do?

Agree wholeheartedly.

I think it's more about JYD that gets the message to the players to look for the bloke stationed on the magnetboard at CHF >>> Drew Petrie (how many times does JYD need to realise that his gameplan is flawed with a guy that isn't reliable or doesn't get the assistance from his teammates) >> of course LeCras would find it tough to get a look in. CJ is forever working hard by himself and then there is Harding that is more invisible when he doesn't impose himself on an opponent ie: bump or rape of a tackle.

wasnt the words "honour the lead" reverbarating after the Geelong game ?

JYD knows it, just cant get it into there skulls, which is understandable because they are all petrified of the word 'clanger'.

KangaFett said:
wasnt the words "honour the lead" reverbarating after the Geelong game ?

JYD knows it, just cant get it into there skulls, which is understandable because they are all petrified of the word 'clanger'.
Stevo retired on 'clangers' ;) as long as someone/ EVERYONE is willing to do the 1%ers that will be ok but those 1% are LONG GONE in today's scientific and overtactical, unaccountable style of footy.

Sam Newman has every reason to ridicule every facet of the game not that I care to pay attention but I think he recognised it first in 2001/2.

RoyalBlue said:
Leads...

and leads...

and leads...

and leads...

What does he have to do?

I amnot as positive as you are that he leads to the contest... I felt he left alot of contests on Sunday... but it is still early days...

He is a bit too slow for my liking, and I am aware he plays in a different position to Thompson, am also aware that if the team kicks to you and you constantly drop the ball, the team stop kicking to you, that works at all levels not just AFL.

Woodson said:
Stevo retired on 'clangers' ;) as long as someone/ EVERYONE is willing to do the 1%ers that will be ok but those 1% are LONG GONE in today's scientific and overtactical, unaccountable style of footy.

Sam Newman has every reason to ridicule every facet of the game not that I care to pay attention but I think he recognised it first in 2001/2.

and the sad thing is that last friday nights game is basically a blue print of where footy is heading and pan out exactly the same - it will be glogged for 3-3/4" qtrs and someone will fast break for about 15mins to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back