Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the trade to make, the downgrade of 20 to 26/28 plus Pick 40 values CCJ around Pick 30 which is totally fair for both sides
Could even do it with a future 3rd involved instead of pick 40 if they wanted to keep more picks in this draft.

E.g. Pick 20 and their Future 3rd for CJ and Pick 26/28

One point to add is that North Melbourne are only offering CC-J that large contract because a) they can as they have the cap space, and b) they are far from a destination club right now so offering overs is vital for them to attract players. They are not offering him that amount of dollars and years because he is worth that much. I think that is being forgotten.

That said, I feel like he is worth pick 18-25. That’s my gut feel “based on factors” to quote David Brent. He’s going to be a decent or even very good player for them.

The way it’s shaping up though we will be forced to take unders. I hope we can get a bit better than 40 though.

Can’t believe it but I actually liked David King’s suggestion of a swap of either pick 26 or 28 and CC-J for pick 20. Not sure what the points on that look like but that seems more valuable than 40 to me.

Agree with that pick 28 swapped for pick 20 at worse.

Could even do it with a future 3rd involved instead of pick 40 if they wanted to keep more picks in this draft.

E.g. Pick 20 and their Future 3rd for CJ and Pick 26/28
Absolutely, though I imagine we'd want the 40 back this year to give us more assets for the Dogs trade for Pick 17.
If the Dogs pick another club like Adelaide to trade 17 to, then I have no idea what we plan on doing with all those picks around 40 as no one else needs points to match.

Absolutely, though I imagine we'd want the 40 back this year to give us more assets for the Dogs trade for Pick 17.
If the Dogs pick another club like Adelaide to trade 17 to, then I have no idea what we plan on doing with all those picks around 40 as no one else needs points to match.
It's a bit of a worry. Would be a massive bungle if we end up with all these picks and nothing to do with them.

We'll be lucky to get anything.

North dont need to trade for him. Bloody oath theyll use the PSD if we 'demand' pick 20 etc etc
We need to trade for both CCJ and Tarrant. Trading with us at all saves us the Chol pick.

We have zeeeeero leverage and they know we have to trade to A) get anything at all for CCJ and B) to keep the Chol pick undiluted. I think the only reason we would drag it out is possibly that North get a little uncomfortable of the commentary of CCJ leaving us and do him a favour for closing it out. We'll be doing very well to get a clean pick in the 30s. You are DREAMING if you think pick 20 is coming to us. Zero chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hoping that Sydney rejects the deal but if they don't, we'll need to be creative and trade with teams, including Collingwood, into next years draft. I would keep our picks in the first two rounds but trade out the rest to give us another great draft hand next year.

Lets be real here, Nth as a club appear to be massive campaigners.

How they are treating Tarrant for leaving would be like us treating Grimes as a piece of trade meet, if he decided to move his career. They basically lost him as they lowballed him on their contract offer & we offered something fair to him. With CCJ, there is 20 reasons why were owe that guy nothing. Tarrant, he has stayed at that club when they have not even been close to meaningful success for over a decade.

Hi Guys,

north supporters are getting upset and reporting posts for making fun of them..so if you coul....

Sorry I can't finish that without laughing.

North Supporters if you are getting offended at what Richmond people say about you on the Richmond board then I suggest you don't read the Richmond board....
Little confused is it the Tassie Norf or the Norf Norf soon to be Tassie Norf?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back