Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

may as well just do CCJ and 28 for 20 and Tarrant and be done with it
Yeah agreed. Whatever, we don’t have much bargaining power anyway and if North are going to be stubborn about it then so be it. An 8-pick upgrade + a 32 year-old Tarrant is not his value in my opinion, but I would accept it if the club does that deal. Gaining an additional pick may not help us anyway given how many list spots we have vacant.

Having said that, this is one of those things that I’d accept but note down in case North Melbourne need a favour from us in the future.

Yeah agreed. Whatever, we don’t have much bargaining power anyway and if North are going to be stubborn about it then so be it. An 8-pick upgrade + a 32 year-old Tarrant is not his value in my opinion, but I would accept it if the club does that deal. Gaining an additional pick may not help us anyway given how many list spots we have vacant.

Having said that, this is one of those things that I’d accept but note down in case North Melbourne need a favour from us in the future.

Snagging Tarryn Thomas down the track to come and play with his mate Mansell (or helping force them into a $1 mill+ contract for him) will suit me fine as a square up.

We've made it clear that we won't be forgiving and forgetting, so sooner or later they'll pay a price if they don't deal fairly.

As for CCJ, if he helps screw us over, for the rest of his career he'll get to 'enjoy' one of the few matches a year he plays in front of a decent crowd being chock-full of loud Tigers with long memories. ;)

gifntext-gif.gif

Could we be trying for:
Out: CCJ & and 47
In: 2022 r2 & Tarrant

Next year likely 19- 25 range pick added
-rather than another one we don't have a list spot for this year - yes I know 20 would be nice
-pick 47 is not a bad pick

Gets us something rather than the 'I'm taking my bat and ball and going home' so send him to PSD strategy.

(Already suggested - sorry haven't been flowing the thread much- or so shite an idea, no one has put it forward?)

Ultimately Cerra cost Carlton less than everyone here was mostly expecting.

The sentiment was it would take a 2 first Or 1 first + early 2nd. - to get him for a pick 6 (8) + a3 rd rounder is a great deal IMO. Could be their own version of the Prestia trade

Some helpful definitions from Urban Dictionary so CCJ can better appreciate his future:

Norf
An abbreviation for the North Melbourne Kangaroos Football Club (AFL).

It originated from their supporters who were either too lazy or too dumb to say North/North Melbourne/Kangaroos and it is now an accepted abbreviation for this struggling football club.

1. Norf got belted by 10 goals again today.

2. Why are Norf moving Souf to Tassie?

3. It is thought the Norf supporter is a critically endangered species.

--------------------

NORF
An acronym for an exhaust fan. Stands for noxious odor removal fan.
Hey turn on the norf before you leave the bathroom!

--------------------

Norf
A verb, meaning to stroke and/or grope another person with one's foot.
Multiple people norfing a single person at the same time may be referred to as a gang-norf.

Person 1: "Why are you touching me with your foot??"

Person 2: "You just got norfed!"

------------------------

norf
an insult originally from nerd/dwarf but now can mean anything, just an insult.
1"hey, wanna play shenanigans?"
2"hell no, you ******* norf"

---------------------------

Norf
When a dog is pushing its nose so hard against something (probably a window or a crate) that its teeth are showing. Not to be mistaken with growling, a norf is a happy, funny thing to witness.
That dog is doing a really funny norf; what an incredible norf! My dog likes to norf against her crate and against the window when there are squirrels outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I believe everything played out pretty much as I said it should.... so I'm declaring myself Nostra-bloody-Damus. I can't be bothered finding my own post but it was along the lines of we should ask for 20 and give something back and when that fails we should ask for their future 2nd. What happened to the PSD Norf, you gutless flogs? I want to hear a bit more about leverage please.... Lol. Enjoy Tassie! End rant/self-congratulation

So I just posted in their CCJ thread that I thought we won the deal slightly (based on 2021 picks) and gave an honest appraisal of his strengths. Will I get carded? I was being genuine and trying not to be a prick....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back