Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope so. Play CCJ deep and let Jack get right up the ground to provide an option coming out of defense with Tom CHF. Think that could work nicely.
Yeah agree
Jacks field kicking is elite and we would be stilly not to capitalise on it

Hope so. Play CCJ deep and let Jack get right up the ground to provide an option coming out of defense with Tom CHF. Think that could work nicely.

When Jack was new and taking over at FF, Richo was moved to the wing and almost won a brownlow.

When CCJ was new and taking over at FF, Jack was moved to the wing and ....

Would 3 big forward work with the new rules?

Nank played least game time today - only 1 ruck too.

Ccj kicked 7 in two games.

4 today in narrow win...

Would 3 big forward work with the new rules?

Nank played least game time today - only 1 ruck too.

Ccj kicked 7 in two games.

4 today in narrow win...
I think so. Seems to be more one on ones than I can remember. And means the backline doesn't have to be disrupted when balta has to run through the ruck....

CCJ will be a good backup to Jack and Lynch but seems to play a very stationary role. I'm not sure he has the leading capabilities or ability to create space in a crowded forwardline. He seems to get most of his goals, similar to COX, with his height.

I would be eager for give him time to learn more forward craft and learn all aspects of a tall forwards role so he is not one dimensional.

CCJ will be a good backup to Jack and Lynch but seems to play a very stationary role. I'm not sure he has the leading capabilities or ability to create space in a crowded forwardline. He seems to get most of his goals, similar to COX, with his height.

I would be eager for give him time to learn more forward craft and learn all aspects of a tall forwards role so he is not one dimensional.
Good thing for us is that unlike Collingwood we have dangerous talls who can lead

So even if he played deep/rucked it would be harder who oppo to just 5 man him like they can with Cox

Even if he just stops people 3rd Manning and 4 Manning lunch and Jack every contest it's a win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nank can't play the whole season like he has. I think as soon as CJ has served his time, i'm expecting that he will be given a run. But who will come out? CJ surely only be brought in as a support ruck role.

He is only playing 70% game time

Interesting to see if dimma wants speed / one ruck.

Or revert back to two when ccj/Soldo available again

Unfair on CCJ and we will never know if WCE would have taken Balta with their next pick had we done it, but boy it would be nice to have Oscar Allen on our list as our replacement for Jack. Still hopeful for CCJ, so let's just wish we'd taken Allen with the pick we used for Higgins instead.

Unfair on CCJ and we will never know if WCE would have taken Balta with their next pick had we done it, but boy it would be nice to have Oscar Allen on our list as our replacement for Jack. Still hopeful for CCJ, so let's just wish we'd taken Allen with the pick we used for Higgins instead.

Allen loads to prove yet. Clearly a good player but he is getting the 3rd tall defender when forward and his team-mates would be looking after him a bit down there. It could all look very different if he has to shoulder the number one target role in a bit weaker team.

I wouldn’t be risking missing Balta and Coleman-Jones to get Oscar on our list. Balta to me looks better than Allen at this point as he has shown he can shoulder the number one defender role already. Coleman-Jones looks like this year he is head and shoulders above seconds footy so I wouldn’t be shocked if he steps straight into the AFL team and has a strong impact.

Allen As JR replacement? I never watch the Eagles so I have no real idea. Bit short isn't he? But complaining about Balta, Higgins and CJ?
CJ is slow cos he's a ruckman and he may not be JR replacement. JR's got years to go anyhow. Worry about his replacement in 3 flags time.

Nank can't play the whole season like he has. I think as soon as CJ has served his time, i'm expecting that he will be given a run. But who will come out? CJ surely only be brought in as a support ruck role.
Lynch has done SRA lately another 2 games like the last 2 then he will be getting up earlier

Lynch has done SRA lately another 2 games like the last 2 then he will be getting up earlier

Tigers need to move Lynchy up the ground this week against the Swannies and let him get his hands on the footy, kick some goals and get his mojo flowing so he can take out the Kochies in round 4 as he has had a habit of doing.

Allen loads to prove yet. Clearly a good player but he is getting the 3rd tall defender when forward and his team-mates would be looking after him a bit down there. It could all look very different if he has to shoulder the number one target role in a bit weaker team.

Absolutely, hard to judge his ability on what we've seen so far.

I worry about long term contract trades for talls that age having recurring shoulder issues too.

It's one of the toughest parts of the body to get right when there's an ongoing structural flaw and without having them 100% right, you risk ending up with a Carey scenario in the 2nd half of their career.

It'll be interesting to see in a month whether they play CCJ. Give Nank a rest and try a different forward line for a while. See what happens

Hehe...Dimma contemplating the conversation where he tells Nank he's gonna be 'rested'... ;)

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F846ad0d1-4f65-4e83-9fa6-afa92ea30c1c

Hehe...Dimma contemplating the conversation where he tells Nank he's gonna be 'rested'... ;)

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F846ad0d1-4f65-4e83-9fa6-afa92ea30c1c

Remember the clip where he told Chol if he kicked a goal he'd start on the field next week, then when he kicked it, said "Someone's got to tell Jack".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back