Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s happening with this bloke? Haven’t heard boo about him

I thought I spotted a big, lanky #40 playing (clumsily) as KPD in Round 1 of the VFL... Can't see him on the VFL website stats though... And those $5 cans are pretty distracting.

Any other VFL watchers see the same thing? guruisatiger?

I thought I spotted a big, lanky #40 playing (clumsily) as KPD in Round 1 of the VFL... Can't see him on the VFL website stats though... And those $5 cans are pretty distracting.

Any other VFL watchers see the same thing? guruisatiger?

I think you'll find that was big lanky Miller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what I’m thinking , has me wondering about going after Tom lynch
Still worth going after Lynch. We want someone who is going to have an immediate impact and Lynch has more than proven he plays well at senior level. It's good to have so many young talls in good form in the VFL, but we had talls in the past who played well in the VFL and couldn't make the transition to AFL. At the moment even if they break into the senior side, they will likely to be inconsistent and it is unlikely they will have a regular impact for a couple of years. If three or more of them make it to AFL standard that would be a great outcome.

Last edited:
Yep. There was a reason we jumped on CCJ at 20. Recruiters saw a guy with the best hands in his draft class, that had a good tank and could play the fwd/ruck role swap with Nank when he builds up.

We were lucky he only played half a season last year.

While he played ruck as a junior it was in the forward line where he has the most potential. An 80/20 fwd/ruck split could eventually be the go.

This year is about getting vfl games into him, building muscle and fixing his kicking action.

Yep. There was a reason we jumped on CCJ at 20. Recruiters saw a guy with the best hands in his draft class, that had a good tank and could play the fwd/ruck role swap with Nank when he builds up.

We were lucky he only played half a season last year.

While he played ruck as a junior it was in the forward line where he has the most potential. An 80/20 fwd/ruck split could eventually be the go.

This year is about getting vfl games into him, building muscle and fixing his kicking action.

and speed hopefully, looks a tad slow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back