Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Walt Kowalski

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
the big q is how are we going to fit this kid in next year, he is more a mark than a ruckman and not unlike lynch. jack him and lynch in the forward line?
Imagine if they plonk him at CHF, Lynch at FF and let Jack go wherever he feels like. Jack and Dusty could be HFFs who go wherever they want, with Jack playing the Richo role on up on the wing, pushing into the backline when we're under the pump, but basically linking thru half back - half forward. CCJ also becomes our second ruck. Rance comes back. *ing already salivating at the prospects we have next year, and we've got a GF to get thru tomorrow!

B: Astbury, Broad, Grimes
HB: Houli, Rance, Short
C: Pickett, Prestia, Stack
HF: Martin, Coleman-Jones, Riewoldt
F: Lambert, Lynch, Caddy
FOLL: Soldo, Cotchin, Edwards

I/C: Bolton, Graham, Castagna, Baker, Nank, Ross, McIntosh, Balta, Chol, Menedue....

Wow.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
CCJ already has Soldo and Nank covered as a forward.

As his ruck craft improves he’ll take over from one of Soldo or
Nank
I reckon kicking for goal the other two would have him covered, from reports!

Kid looked really good and not out of his depth , We will have an issue come season's end with a decision to make on which leaves for more games
my tip is Nank will be the player that looks elswhere
Love Nank but CCJ’s upside is massive will be able to dominate as a ruck and a forward where sadly Nanks scope is more limited

Love Nank but CCJ’s upside is massive will be able to dominate as a ruck and a forward where sadly Nanks scope is more limited

Use Nank in a trade with Freo to bring Cerra over.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure I would be writing off Nank just yet. He was better in 2017 than anything Soldo has done and he did it all on his own. If CCJ becomes a very good tap ruckman which he may well do then Soldo is might be the one on the outer, because Nank beats him in every facet except tap work by quite some way.
Think we all agree CCJ is a must to keep.
Has Brad Ottens written all over him.

Giants rucks look cooked already.
Nank for Tom Green will only make me happy about letting Nank go.

That is also another option, but the Giants have Flynn and Briggs, both young rucks who look promising. Briggs in particular I like the look of.

Freo on the other hand have an injury prone Sean Darcy to shoulder the ruck load, Rory Lobb who is primarily a forward and Lloyd Meek (who hasn't debuted despite Darcy and Sandilands being injured a lot of the time.) Freo's ruck stocks are in worse shape than GWS' imo.

Greg Tivendale

All Australian
Aug 5, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Miami Heat, QPR, Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure I would be writing off Nank just yet. He was better in 2017 than anything Soldo has done and he did it all on his own. If CCJ becomes a very good tap ruckman which he may well do then Soldo might be the one on the outer, because Nank beats him in every facet except tap work by quite some way.

Completely agree!

If CCJ is to replace anyone i think it would be Soldo as they are both strong tap ruckman, we shouldn't be underestimating the impact Nank's pressure around the football brings to the side and if there's one bloke you'd want to take into battle it's him.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
That is also another option, but the Giants have Flynn and Briggs, both young rucks who look promising. Briggs in particular I like the look of.

Freo on the other hand have an injury prone Sean Darcy to shoulder the ruck load, Rory Lobb who is primarily a forward and Lloyd Meek (who hasn't debuted despite Darcy and Sandilands being injured a lot of the time.) Freo's ruck stocks are in worse shape than GWS' imo.
One thing about Nanks groin history.If i was him i'd stay away from Optass oval.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
Not sure I would be writing off Nank just yet. He was better in 2017 than anything Soldo has done and he did it all on his own. If CCJ becomes a very good tap ruckman which he may well do then Soldo might be the one on the outer, because Nank beats him in every facet except tap work by quite some way.

i agree. if we're going to play 2 rucks into the future which i'd say we will, i think it's ideally soldo/nank or ccj/nank pairings. nank is a beast and his only issue is injuries, he plays every game if fit. i don't really think soldo/ccj together should be our long term pairing. it will be tough or the club to choose what to do after this year. we run the risk of losing CCJ who could be a great long term prospect if we don't get him in every week. maybe it could be soldo that struggles to get a game eventually

Back