Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - Round 24 Rising Star Nominee - Congratulations Eddie

Remove this Banner Ad

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eddie ran a 6:47 2km at the Combine and has been around this mark for for 2-3 years. It’s about the same time that Will Phillips runs yet Will’s engine has never been questioned. Eddie’s also kept his aerobic standard whilst putting on plenty of bulk and height. For whatever reason it seems like Eddie’s had to do more convincing than others to get to where he is. Whether it’s his public school (non APS) background, coming from the unfavoured Jets or because his unique personality is being mistaken for something else. He’s a driven, engaging and talented kid who appreciates and won’t stop repaying the faith North have shown in him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My type of kid💪

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
download (1).jpg

Good vertical leap, on the old Bronco.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Zurhaar looks in ripping condition in that drill which excites me as well tbh.

Great early signs for the kid sure. Certainly giving it his all.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine having to run for an uncontested ball, with Zurhaar coming the other way?

Either way, it ends well for CZ.

Yep he is a bull but a bull that needs to get to more contests. Looks fantastic which is great.

Imagine having to run for an uncontested ball, with Zurhaar coming the other way?

Either way, it ends well for CZ.

🤣 I don’t think we have to imagine. It has already occurred on quite a few occasions over the past 3 years and it’s always ended badly for the opposition. Didn’t he even bust Hurley’s wing in one instance?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think a few might rotate through the stoppages, but I don't see much for the centre square setups. Aside from Bailey who I think will transition o a pure wingman.

HF's: Garner, Taylor, Thomas, Zurhaar, W.Walker & For

Garner aside, the rest of these blokes are only 22 & under.

I’d add a couple of names if we describe them as medium forwards.

you’d think a couple would be worth trialling at halfback should they fail to get into that busy forwardline.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

you’d think a couple would be worth trialling at halfback should they fail to get into that busy forwardline.
We don't need more half backs

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

And I'd be saying hall will be back off HF too with the mid stocks pushing him out... big ssn ahead for hall and hopefully post op he will be able to put in big one

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We just stocked up on three inside/outside mids so be hard for them to break in ahead of cunners LDU jed jy tyson let alone any others... think we are well stocked in the mid dept too..

Definitely on the inside. I reckon run & carry and/or elite kicking will be list priorities moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We don't need more half backs
Perez has proven he can play half back.. we are missing one. Sure you can name Atley there but he’s not a half back, has the legs but his kicking is below standard. The only reason Atley plays is because we dont have s half back.

And this Eddie Ford might find his way into the best 22 before Rnd1 too. Looking forward to some pre season hit outs

Truly believe if Vic had under 18 games in 2020 Ford would be rated a lot higher

I also believe if Vic had under 18 games Will Phillips would have been the clear cut number 1 pick, so it has worked out very well for us.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
LOL, suck a fart filth flog.

Haha this Collingwood doodle rips off GR’s footage and then does an appalling wrap-up of our man.. not being drafted by the filth should be enough ammo to push him to be the next Fyfe..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back