Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - Round 24 Rising Star Nominee - Congratulations Eddie

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
140330987_2881896612089616_2249257280015877902_n.jpg

Doesn't shave his legs - :whitecheck:
Yellow flouro boots - :crossmark:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It's a fair way back now, but if memory serves me correct then I'm fairly sure that my finest achievements at 18 years of age were:

1) Drinking bong water.
2) Getting out of bed before midday.
3) Pulling roots.

I'm struggling to remember any 18 year old Rhodes Scholars that North have recruited over the years, but I'm sure there must have been one.

Yeah he's my new fav player, he chose number forty cause the boys call him Fordy.

He aint the brightest spark ladies and gentlemen and that I have on very good authority. Now that doesn't mean he'll struggle to play. Glen Freeborn was a certified idiot and was instrumental in us winning in 96.

I like him. And so do the players

i don’t recall bright being a top 3 skill we discuss too often. Footy smarts now and again if they are slow or old but bright is for the tip

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
i don’t recall bright being a top 3 skill we discuss too often. Footy smarts now and again if they are slow or old but bright is for the tip

Eddie Vickers-Willis apparently has a high I.Q., but a fat lot of good that did him.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
I always wonder why we aren’t drafting players for their high school debating talent, just another one of the world’s great wonders!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Totally agree, as long as we are drafting players with talent, who get the game and have good character who gives a s**t if they are book smart or not.

Eddie loves footy, and is as invested as anyone on our list in rewarding the club for picking him up. This kid will be a star.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Can't really debate with a goal post as it knackers your knee.

I get that, but it points out the relevance of the issue also.

I'm pretty sure 50% of the AFL footballing population would be putting spindles in to boxes on a production line if it wasn't for some talent with an inflated piece of leather.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It's a fair way back now, but if memory serves me correct then I'm fairly sure that my finest achievements at 18 years of age were:

1) Drinking bong water. :heavycheck:
2) Getting out of bed before midday. :heavycheck:
3) Pulling roots.

I'm struggling to remember any 18 year old Rhodes Scholars that North have recruited over the years, but I'm sure there must have been one.

I scored 2 out of 3.

1) Drinking bong water.
2) Getting out of bed before midday.
3) Pulling roots.

So long as you regularly changed the bong water.

IIRC as an 18 year old changing it might have actually been an achievement in itself.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So long as you regularly changed the bong water.

IIRC as an 18 year old changing it might have actually been an achievement in itself.

We actually used scotch from time to time.

You wouldn't exactly call it "smooth" on the palette.

Falkroo

All Australian
Mar 9, 2005
On The Murray
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Eddie Vickers-Willis apparently has a high I.Q., but a fat lot of good that did him.
He was only smart, because he had plenty of time to study while injured, if he'd managed to spend more time training/playing, would probably be dumb as dog s**t. It's one of life's great dilemma's:grinning:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He was only smart, because he had plenty of time to study while injured, if he'd managed to spend more time training/playing, would probably be dumb as dog sh*t. It's one of life's great dilemma's:grinning:

I'm pretty sure he was highly credentialed at school mate.

He comes from a family of high academic achievers. Missing out on the AFL is probably doing him favors in the long run.

Back