Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie is a good news story and one we can hope develop further at 189cm.
I do ponder whether the 4x Duursma, Ford, Curtis & Zurhaar are a bit too similar and it doesn't quite work for us.
Congratulations your post has qualified for the BF certificate of merit on the following criteria:
  • General exclamations of North Melbourne's depth
Well done!

Eddie is a good news story and one we can hope develop further at 189cm.
I do ponder whether the 4x Duursma, Ford, Curtis & Zurhaar are a bit too similar and it doesn't quite work for us.
Definitely the case. Watching Drury on the weekend, and previously Harvey, there is clear value and need for linking smaller forwards. For various reasons (tank or smarts or structure or all the above), our mediums just can’t link up to provide those clean entries.

We need at least one linking small and one defensive first small in lieu of a few of the mediums.

His best game for the club?!

Just quietly coming along very nicely.
I said it somewhere else, but if Ford & Curtis (the good Curtis) get given a an extended crack at it without being dropped & become consistent players, we won’t miss Zurhaar anyway.

*I think he may be gone.

So out of contract at the end of the year, what feels like a good/fair length of contract?

So out of contract at the end of the year, what feels like a good/fair length of contract?
If we are giving away 3/4 year deals on plodders like Fisher & Stephens, then surely we offer 3 for Ford.

He has shown plenty enough to suggest there is significant upside in his game.

If we are giving away 3/4 year deals on plodders like Fisher & Stephens, then surely we offer 3 for Ford.

He has shown plenty enough to suggest there is significant upside in his game.
The four year deals for fringe types are disasters waiting to happen.

Two years with a games clause to earn a third.
You'd have to put some fat in those two years IMO or others will bend his ear. We have cap space to do so though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back