Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Without being disrespectful I think it's silly to say he's more accomplished than Curtis in the air. Curtis has taken some fantastic marks in multiple AFL games, it's been his most impressive trait I would say. Not to say Eddie can't become a serious player but think you've undersold CT a little there

I rate CT much higher than most around these parts, well aware of how mercurial he can be in the air.

I probably should’ve been more specific, Ford imo would be more accomplished in contested marking situations.

Should debut this year

even just to give him a taste, is playing well in a forward line that rarely gets much delivery
Agree. Wouldn't rush him in, but hopefully a few more VFL matches will give him a strong base for a debut. Needs work on his tank and positioning, but would like to see him at some point.
There is time though.

Ive watched a bit of Ford in the VFL and he has all the tools, just needs a bigger tank and a bit of polish with his disposal but plenty to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Eddie had any midfield minutes this year?

I think they gave him and Garner a run in the midfield in one of the first few rounds when we were getting flogged by 100 points.

Has been a good handballer since he started.

There’s a lot to work with - I’d give him a couple of games in the AFL to give him a taste.

Different brand of handball too. Powell and Cunnington use the handball like a short jab. Eddie seems to do these long range passes more akin to a short kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back