Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Great debut. Hit the scoreboard worked into the game andbdinished with 7marks. Wants the ball and looks like he has a bit of swagger. Play him every week and before a big pre season of weights and protein
Yep could have easily had 3 goals today

can hurt opposition in the air and on the ground

good first up effort against a strong defence

Really settled in nicely - did looks a bit lost at times early I thought, wasn’t too sure where to go when they were rebounding. Worked into it beautifully though, and all in all a nice quasi-debut. Does he keep his spot if Z is back though?

Really settled in nicely - did looks a bit lost at times early I thought, wasn’t too sure where to go when they were rebounding. Worked into it beautifully though, and all in all a nice quasi-debut. Does he keep his spot if Z is back though?
Mahonys shoulder isn’t 100% right so he should be out

ed would stay in

Different roles. Ford was Zurharr’s direct replacement; he was great but Zurharr has that spot if f it.
Ford could play that pressure forward role if needed also but still able to also impact scoreboard

would like to see both Zurhaar and ford together

The impressive part was you could see him getting better and more confident as the game wore on.

Rosebury went the shaft by saying not 15 as soon as the ball hit the boot the cheat, otherwise I think Ford takes that mark and has a shot on goal.

Very fishy finish when an umpire ignores a blatant 50, doesn’t pay a legitimate mark to Larkey when the he controlled the ball to the ground and calls not 15 as the ball just leaves the boot.

Very suss.

But this is the Ford thread and a lot to like.
The ump has an earpiece - he takes feedback in real time from the sidelines. Yet when blatant rule infringements occur (the 50) there are no instructions - yeah right. They can and I bet they do instruct umpires - when they choose to.

The Larkey non-mark.... diabolical.

The not 15... Yet they allow 8 metre marks a dozen other times. It was probably a close call but they seem to pick and choose what they pay and what they don't pay.

Funny timing though. If you were a conspiracy theorist you'd be having a day out just on that 3 minute period alone. It's like the umps are really wanting North to get pick one so we get Horne. Just that they are being a bit obvious sometimes when they're favouring us like that.

Wow he moved so well today for his debut. As the game wore on he started to do a few things that really made you sit up straight and realise he's got 'it'.
Moved smoothly and got to some good places. Could have had 3 or 4 goals and doesn't lack confidence which something we already knew about Eddie.

2022 is going to a bloody exciting year. So much youth beginning to develop together at the same time. A real feel of early 90s about our squad right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has powerful legs, looks like a smaller Duck with the perm

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dropped in to say exactly the same thing, especially in the number 40, smaller in stature, but even moves like Duck before he became a powerhouse. Look forward to him moving into the No. 18 in the next season or 2 ;)

Didn't get the reward for I think his efforts. Looks like an AFL player. Very pleasing.

Looking forward to his development.

The moment when he first got the ball and stormed into f50 I was like “this kid has got some serious balls” and he is exactly what we need, a tough HF who wants to take the game on his shoulders. Great overhead mark and gets in the right spots.

From watching him in the VFL he is a great kick for goal. He has some really tough set shot spots and he looked very nervous taking them, I would have liked to see the boys get a round him a bit more when he got it as it’s daunting for your first game.

This is the absolute steal of the draft, kudos to our list management team!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back