Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s been good.

Shame he’s not just a little bit taller, but still looks like he can impact

Cops zero lip from oppo players and just talks s**t right back to him. I love that.

Helps he's a crafty player who has leg speed you wouldn't think he had on first impression, he can mark and can get involved very often in the play.

I'm really excited to see Fordy (Hopefully by actually being at the ******* stadium next year) in 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, he deserves it.
Can’t think of a draftee that improved more… in the competition.
I mean he almost went undrafted, and became a best 18 player and real head turner in the last 4 weeks.
Eddie fascinates me in trying to envisage what type of footballer he will become. He just looks like a "natural footballer" first and foremost. If he was 5cm taller he could be destined to be a great modern CHF. He has some traits which could be of value in the midfield. It's a very big wrap and probably a huge stretch but I get some James Hird vibes about him.
How do others see him developing?

Eddie fascinates me in trying to envisage what type of footballer he will become. He just looks like a "natural footballer" first and foremost. If he was 5cm taller he could be destined to be a great modern CHF. He has some traits which could be of value in the midfield. It's a very big wrap and probably a huge stretch but I get some James Hird vibes about him.
How do others see him developing?

Agree about the height and the Hird comparison is a good one. Need to build the tank to get to that standard, but that will come. He seems to have the drive.

Best thing is he presents something different. Hope Nobes encourages that as a positive.

Agree about the height and the Hird comparison is a good one. Need to build the tank to get to that standard, but that will come. He seems to have the drive.

Best thing is he presents something different. Hope Nobes encourages that as a positive.

He’s not a shy kid on the footy field always wants to be involved. That’s a great trait for a young kid with personality.

We're trying to play a style that's all about backing yourself and taking the game on. Eddie should fit nicely into that.

The great sides have personality. We're getting a bit of that with Cam and Eddie.

His tank surprised me. The last quarters were probably his best quarters.

one of the few guys who I want to see off season training photos/updates from.
put on a bit of size and he'll be a monster in the forward line.
My understanding is that he will be living in the gym all off-season. Could be anything next year!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back