Player Watch #40: Eddie Mazda - Out for 3-4 weeks with a syndesmosis injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he could but he loves being “the man” Toby Greene style up forward. ( less the brain farts) He will be a match winner there.

Maybe with Cam, Curtis, Mahony and the likes of Tarryn, Cunners, Jed, JHF rotating through there we can utilise him better down back. Robbie leaves a big hole. Only got McKay & Walker for the monsters.

Just a thought.

Psicosis

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now l'm just throwing this out there, could the Fordster become our Alir / Moore / McGovern down back ? The new Scooter ?

Tall enough ?

Understand where the thinking comes from, however his goal sense is too valuable IMO - need to keep him close to goal.

Think we just target an interceptor via Trade/FA/Draft this & next off-season.

Liam Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now l'm just throwing this out there, could the Fordster become our Alir / Moore / McGovern down back ? The new Scooter ?

Tall enough ?

He's a little bit taller than Jack Ziebell and I can imagine him in that role. But only if being a forward doesn't work out for him and we badly need him down back

Footywizard

Team Captain
Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Honestly he'd be great in the Ziebull role at half back. But I really like him forward. Looks like a good hit up forward. Tom lynch style. We don't really have anyone else like that atm.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Honestly he'd be great in the Ziebull role at half back. But I really like him forward. Looks like a good hit up forward. Tom lynch style. We don't really have anyone else like that atm.

Charlie comes on Cam and Larkey our our lead-ups.

We all know we are gunna be thin down back.

In Nobes we trust.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd hate to see eddie go down to defense, I'm not smart enough to give a checklist but it just feels like a waste of his "otherness", I'd prefer taylor there

Agree K.C. but:
. Tarrant gone
. Corr played 2 games
. Ben stepped up ( still a baby )
. Walker servicable
. Likelihood of drafting Alir Alir type = small

Mids ✔
Forwards - getting there ✔
Backs like my aging hairline - thin

Just an option. Eddie was 10 - 12 cm taller be a monty down there. Who knows. Sure Nobes / Brady working on it as we type.

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Charlie comes on Cam and Larkey our our lead-ups.

We all know we are gunna be thin down back.

In Nobes we trust.

Get the angle but if Eddie and Cam can fire in the same forward line it'll scramble opposition defences big time.

Eddie stays up forward for mine. Looks a natural there wouldn't mess with it.

Curits is the one in no man's land for mine and open to a positional shift.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd hate to see eddie go down to defense, I'm not smart enough to give a checklist but it just feels like a waste of his "otherness", I'd prefer taylor there
No way we play him in defense and there hasn't been any talk of it by the coaching staff.
Just typical BF BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

DarwinRoo

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Dragons, Storm.
Everyone loves to mindlessly throw the magnets around the moment someone departs in the off season. Its pure lunacy. Eddie's a natural forward, leave him the fu** there.

We wouldn’t just be robbing Peter to pay Paul, we’d be robbing him, shooting his dog John Wick style and then burning his house down.

You are 100 % right.

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When's Ed getting his 2 year extension? Would be mad not to lock him in after his exposed form at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad