Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - Round 24 Rising Star Nominee - Congratulations Eddie

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I think Eddie has shown better crumbling instincts than the two blokes we usually play as small forwards to be honest. I reckon he could play that role, he's quick and agile. I don't think his extra few centimetres of height makes too much of a difference.

I feel like his ceiling is much higher but I don’t think he is making more impact right now on games as a whole offensively and defensively.
Last vfl game he kicked 5 - then played 2 games either side of covid.
Give him a string of games like we have Taylor and mahony then judge him.
He’s a killer

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s a killer
I'm not putting the boy down; clearly he's got some tricks, but young players go in and out of the side. His time will come (again)

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He has high end talent he should be in the team with where we are at. I don’t care where.. The kid has super confidence, put him on a half back flank and tell him to take the game on.
DC7AF4BA-4CF2-49A7-AC57-15E2D6B771F3.gif

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Like him already and reckon he will get ample opportunity to play in the seniors well into 2022.

We're kinda doing the same thing we did last year just slowly easing young guns into the team as we've been able to.

I think we are following the Brisbane formula going for the small forward types to buzz around and create chaos with perhaps maybe 1 or 2 forwards to take the contest. Using medium forwards helps with our mobility issues when the ball isn't marked from an inside 50.

Positive signs for him thus far.

He’s a killer

I am confident he's going to be a gun but I just don't think he's quite there just yet that he needs to be an AFL lock right now. Let him be a focal point in the VFL, he will get his opportunities at AFL level throughout the year as well.

He is just going to continue to get better as he continues to physically develop.

Back