Retired #40: Luke Lavender - retires due to persistent injury - 18/2

Remove this Banner Ad

Put me in the 'there's no need to cling to a s**t nickname for the sake of it unless someone's first name is Gryan or Sharrod' camp.

Lav? You need to focus on the pronunciation to the point that it's a discernible name, and not just a sound, that your might as well just go
with Laverde or Lavender.

Last edited:
Excerpts from the first proper article about him from the club website. Looks like it's from the trade radio interview discussed above :)

Essendon’s latest recruit Luke Lavender says the Club’s facilities formed a key part of his decision to join the Dons.

The former cricketer resisted offers from several Melbourne clubs before deciding to sign on as a Category B Rookie with the Bombers.

“I was there for about a week and I loved the facilities and just loved everything about it,” Lavender told NAB AFL Trade Radio. “It didn’t hurt that my family are all Bombers supporters."
Thanks ScottLav :D

The 202cm Lavender said he’d like to model his game on Crichton Medal winner, Joe Daniher.

“I’d love to play like him … he’s a good second ruckman but I’ll probably be looking to make rucking my main thing,” Lavender said.

“He’s quite athletic around the ground and I’d love to base my game around him.”

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-10-10/elite-facility-helps-lure-lavender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Slavender

hqdefault.jpg

Nickname could be Laurie, LL, Laurie Levi, maybe Lyle, LL, Lyle Lovett. Maybe just plain 'Petal'.
Welcome and good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back