Retired #40: Luke Lavender - retires due to persistent injury - 18/2

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news that he’s come over to Victoria to play football and not cricket. imagine how shitful Lavender, Bushranger would be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats our second Cat B, how many are we allowed?

Welcome aboard regardless Luke!
3, only one can be Irish though. Other Irish rookies take up CatA slots.

Although I'm not sure who the other one is you're thinking of? Draper is a CatA rookie (he played footy for a year before he was drafted), McKenna was upgraded to the senior list at the end of last year...

Some words from his old man on Blitz

"He is an athlete, and looks good at most sports he turns his hand to. I’d hope his development will be rapid. They are very keen to develop him as a ruck/key forward.

Tested and met with at least 7 clubs, and there was a bit of interest from 4 of those. Even with my bias, Essendon far and away treated both Luke and us the best. They could not do enough for us!

It’s been a long process (pretty much 12 months) and involved him having a shoulder reconstruction about 2 months ago to tidy up some cricket-based issues. He’s raring to go, and will make the move across to Melbourne in coming weeks.

He knows of Aaron Francis, but nothing more than that I don’t think.

For those who like numbers: at Essendon’s mini combine last year he did a 2.95 sec 20 metre sprint, has a 79cm standing vertical leap, 87 cm running vertical left, 74 cm running vertical right.

He is perhaps actually closer to 203-4 cm tall now, as has grown since being measured at 202 cm by Essendon last year."

3, only one can be Irish though. Other Irish rookies take up CatA slots.

Although I'm not sure who the other one is you're thinking of? Draper is a CatA rookie (he played footy for a year before he was drafted), McKenna was upgraded to the senior list at the end of last year...

Ben Mcniece is the other one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"He is an athlete, and looks good at most sports he turns his hand to. I’d hope his development will be rapid. They are very keen to develop him as a ruck/key forward.

Tested and met with at least 7 clubs, and there was a bit of interest from 4 of those. Even with my bias, Essendon far and away treated both Luke and us the best. They could not do enough for us!

It’s been a long process (pretty much 12 months) and involved him having a shoulder reconstruction about 2 months ago to tidy up some cricket-based issues. He’s raring to go, and will make the move across to Melbourne in coming weeks.

For those who like numbers: at Essendon’s mini combine last year he did a 2.95 sec 20 metre sprint, has a 79cm standing vertical leap, 87 cm running vertical left, 74 cm running vertical right.

He is perhaps actually closer to 203-4 cm tall now, as has grown since being measured at 202 cm by Essendon last year."
Okay Essendon has signed the son. We’ve got to recruit the dad across to bigfooty. Get on to it D_P_S

So he is a very solid athlete. His standing vertical is similar to Naitanui although he doesn't gain much from a running start. Speed is good for a man of that size.

Will be interesting how he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back