Past Malachy Carruthers - delisted 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Malachy.jpg

Malachy Carruthers
[Player Profile TBA]

He looks so YOUNG! I imagine that if he is a success then we will look back to this interview in a few years' time and remark about how much he has grown lol.
All the draftees look young!!! ;)

Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
After the National Draft, Malachy Carruthers believed his shot at the AFL was over for this year. The Rookie Draft would change his life the very next day.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
After the National Draft, Malachy Carruthers believed his shot at the AFL was over for this year. The Rookie Draft would change his life the very next day.

Seems like a hard worker leaving nothing to chance to improve himself. Looks like he has all the tools.
I like his running. Stays in the game. Giving the ball off and running forward to receive it again.

Delisted
Meanwhile, the club has advised Kaiden Brand, Sam Gray, Matthew Ling and Malachy Carruthers that they will not be offered contracts with the club for 2022.
Gray and Brand joined the Swans as delisted free agents ahead of the 2020 season. Both players made their Swans debuts in 2020 with Gray playing a total of seven matches during his two-season tenure with the club and Brand making five senior appearances.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Delisted
Meanwhile, the club has advised Kaiden Brand, Sam Gray, Matthew Ling and Malachy Carruthers that they will not be offered contracts with the club for 2022.
Gray and Brand joined the Swans as delisted free agents ahead of the 2020 season. Both players made their Swans debuts in 2020 with Gray playing a total of seven matches during his two-season tenure with the club and Brand making five senior appearances.

I liked his highlight reel. Lots of run and carry. Sad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad for the young fella. He looked ok in the bits I saw of him in the 2s.
Timing wasn’t his best friend with COVID coming along. In a football sense so many of these young blokes have been really dealt s**t hands because of this. Some exceptional talent will be running around in lower level comps for a few years to come.

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Timing wasn’t his best friend with COVID coming along. In a football sense so many of these young blokes have been really dealt sh*t hands because of this. Some exceptional talent will be running around in lower level comps for a few years to come.
Yes. I know a young bloke who missed out on the draft 2 years ago and the swans told him to play VFL and they will keep an eye on him. Due to covid and injury he has probably only played 2-3 games in 2 years and the door is probably closed now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back