Draft History: Pick 17 (Carlton), 2007 Rookie Draft. 2008 Rookie Elevation

Recruited From: North Ballarat

Debut: Round 18, 2007 vs Collingwood

Twitter: twitter.com/mjamo40

Career Highlights: Video to be provided

2013 Forecast:

Re: 40. Michael Jamison (Rookie)

Doesn't get noticed much, does Jammo :D

Played well on the weekend, looks like he can become a pretty good player.

Played down back for the Ants and was pretty good on his man. Has an attacking side of his game, which saw him kick a goal, which is very encouraging to see.

Isn't spectacular at anything in particular but does his job well and always puts in. Only seen him a very limited amount of times, but it looks like we may have found a player.

[ToTTi]

Guernsey Club Sponsor 15,16,17,18,19,20,21
Oct 20, 2003
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton

......except for the fact that it missed ;)

Jamo played a great game-showed a lot of heart and determination throughout the game-we definitely have something to work with.

lol, my post was from 3 months ago, he kicked a goal for the Ants from 50 out.. or did you already know that?

:confused: :p

lol, my post was from 3 months ago, he kicked a goal for the Ants from 50 out.. or did you already know that?

:confused: :p

WOW! I completely missed that. :D

My bad :eek:

But I guess that the comment is still applicable. His point was almost a ripper of a goal :D

scorpion2466

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2007
Reservoir
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Showed some really good signs on the weekend. Looks a likely type who could fit into our best 22 down the track.

WALKERTOBETTS

Team Captain
Feb 1, 2007
Melton
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Local Footy

He's very Thornton like, cool and composed, and not bad disposal. That goal was a ripper.

I thought that Michael Jamison, had a touch of Michael Sexton about him:thumbsu: contributed very well. Hope he play's out the season.

Jamison is Karl Norman with a brain, 6'4", athletic, quick, long kick and the ability to play on talls and smalls.

LMAO@Paul Medhurst! :eek:

What a hack! :)

Jamison was very good, but let's get a bit of perspective.

Medhurst was crap, and the fact that Jamison beat him doesn't mean necessarily that Jamo played well.

But Jamo did beat Maxwell, and he did have a very good game.

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton

Jamison was very good, but let's get a bit of perspective.

Medhurst was crap, and the fact that Jamison beat him doesn't mean necessarily that Jamo played well.

But Jamo did beat Maxwell, and he did have a very good game.
Medhurst was crap and Jamison beat him, yet he didn't play well. :confused:

PLEASE EXPLAIN! :rolleyes:

I thought that Michael Jamison, had a touch of Michael Sexton about him:thumbsu: contributed very well. Hope he play's out the season.
Thought much the same myself.

Medhurst was crap and Jamison beat him, yet he didn't play well. :confused:

PLEASE EXPLAIN! :rolleyes:

What?

I said Jamo did play very well.

All I said is that Medhurst is crap anyway, so we should focus on him beating Maxwell more than him beating Medhurst.

I could have beaten Medhurst on the weekend ;)

btdg

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton

Played great today, but looks too short for his position. Slightly more talented version of Teague, I fear...

lappin it up

Debutant
Dec 19, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton

anyone else find it weird how many spoils (some were very good spoils) he got against robertson on the weekend, yet still managed to get 5 kicked on him.

anyone else find it weird how many spoils (some were very good spoils) he got against robertson on the weekend, yet still managed to get 5 kicked on him.
Sure, but it was no Zac Dawson......Luke Livingstone performance.

He will get goals kicked on him because of inexperience in positioning, and wewaker frame.

The point is he looks like a natural FB.
Times his spoils well, good disposal, and quick on the leads.

If this is all we got from having Crossisca as an assistant then it was worth it.

Should be senior listed next year.

Straight swap - Saddo for Jammo.:thumbsu:

Kenny Hunter

All Australian
Aug 9, 2006
NSW
AFL Club
Carlton

Yes but in the game there was no pressure in the midfield , the game was circle work so it very hard for any backman.Plus one of the 5 goals was when Jamo was off the ground injured

Jamison has a future , not sure its as a fullback, more a back pocket or taking the third tall

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins

Listed at 193cm, too, so that kiboshes the "not big enough" comment. Obviously he's very light at the moment, but 193cm is a great size for a fullback.

Eg.
Ben Rutten is 191cm.
Darren Glass is 192cm.

I think he looks really promising. Long way to go, but the potential looks to be there.

Back