Past Michael Jamison

Remove this Banner Ad

Well this has truly capped off a fairly bad week and weekend for me with the news Jamo retired. I thought I saw him on the ground when Walks was being chaired off. I didn't even get to watch the game either except for the last quarter. I am sure Michael will carry his head high once he gets his body right. I am so going to miss him directing the backline, but I guess Simmo has been doing this all year and will continue to do so. I think he would make a fantastic coach for the NBs and maybe one day a senior role if that is the direction he wants to take. I am feeling really flat and cannot wait for the season to end.

Also thanks for the cheers and bottle of whiskey.

You certainly did Jamo.

All class!

13920756_10208319935290849_3344787051885563357_n.jpg

There's a lot of crap posted here on BF sometimes..... Unnecessary vitriol, name calling and character assassination. And that's just Tony Lynn 15 ....:D

But I'm loving this thread. Real appreciation for Jamo's effort and skill and him holding the backline together for years.

Is there any way we can pass this thread on to the club/Jamo? I think it would be nice for him to see what his career has meant to us and how he undoubtedly was able to do the guernsey proud.

There's a lot of crap posted here on BF sometimes..... Unnecessary vitriol, name calling and character assassination. And that's just Tony Lynn 15 ....:D

But I'm loving this thread. Real appreciation for Jamo's effort and skill and him holding the backline together for years.

Is there any way we can pass this thread on to the club/Jamo? I think it would be nice for him to see what his career has meant to us and how he undoubtedly was able to do the guernsey proud.

Great idea ferrisb.....he would also get to see first hand how I managed to intertwine myself into his appreciation thread!!

Dot matrix printer is the go. Spool a new roll of 15,000 sheets and click Print Page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be sorely missed, Jamo. As others have mentioned when fit and playing unrestricted definitely one of the best defenders going round. Shame that injuries have limited him in recent times.

Jamo is a great example of what a good defender can add to your side. During that period from 2009 to 2011 where we were making finals I would've thought he would've been close to our most important player, maybe second only behind Judd and perhaps Murphy.

All the best Jamo.

It would be great if the Carlton Footy Club posted a video featuring the Best Of Tony Lynn 15 at the footy. Leaving home too late and missing the first bounce, when finally getting to my seat spilling beer down the people in front as I agitate those behind in taking too long to finally sit down, getting constantly confused by who the players are and resorting to calling them by jumper number, downing 3 hot dogs at halftime and spilling sauce down my top, booing so loudly at an umpiring decision that I get all light headed and need to sit down, leaving the ground at around 10 minutes into the third quarter during our dark days.......

Rumoured to be in "The Journey" part 3 and beyond....

26th of June 2011, sitting in the Dome watching us take on the Eagles and Jamo destroying anything that came his way. Watched him hobble off with a knee injury, think it was a meniscus tear and then picked myself up to drown my sorrows in the bar as I knew we would fold without him there, he was in such great form leading into that game.
It has always been a pleasure to watch him play and when his body would allow the big name forwards didn't seem to bother him, he was just ice cool in making them look stupid. Always loved the season openers with Jamo lining up on the Tiggers great white hope and watching him go into his shell when Jamo lined up on him.
And the year Mick played Bootsma (FFS what was he thinking?) on Jack and Jack tore him a new one, then made the switch to Jamo which ended Jacks influence pretty quickly.
Thank you Jamo, the pleasure has been all ours. ( Now go and have some sons)

Gonna miss you taking the big scaples, would've lost a lot of games without you mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back