Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks an outstanding prospect.

I hope the "Never fear, Nick Larkey is here" Trinity crew are still keeping tabs on this thread.

There's something about this kidd TT. I also have a similar feeling about Junker

There's something about this kidd TT. I also have a similar feeling about Junker

Larkey and Junker will be the 'next big things' for NMFC......they both look like Drew Petrie when he first arrived...they need some muscle on their frames, some confidence in their own ability ( at top level) and a gradual build up through the ranks. Nick might be the type of player needed to take the pressure off BBB...he leads well, has good hands and is a straight kick.....very 'unlike Waitey' at the moment ( sorry)

There's something about this kidd TT.

He looked like a younger less developed version of Tom Lynch yesterday. Strong hands and a reach which makes him tough to spoil, loaded with footy smarts and the requisite skill to finish off his good ball winning work with goals. Fingers crossed he continues to develop mate as this bloke could be anything.

He looked like a younger less developed version of Tom Lynch yesterday. Strong hands and a reach which makes him tough to spoil, loaded with footy smarts and the requisite skill to finish off his good ball winning work with goals. Fingers crossed he continues to develop mate as this bloke could be anything.
Would have come closer to giving Liam Jones a run last night...

A key forward kicking a small bag was the difference yesterday. Snagged a beauty at pick 73 in Larkey.

He is a good footballer. Just happens to be an athletic 198cm's.

Win.

Really looks like he has the tools, can't wait to see him put a bit more size on and see what he can do at AFL level.

He just looks so smart, with an understanding of the game and excellent skills. He may not a great athlete but he seems to have really good hands and gets in the right positions. He actually reminds me of a young Stephen Kernahan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me there isn't a small part inside all of you that (despite knowing better) is whispering: chuck him in this week.

Not a chance.

I don't want to ruin a prized prospect.

10-12 more kgs.

7-8 more kgs before he debuts.

Not a chance.

I don't want to ruin a prized prospect.

10-12 more kgs.

7-8 more kgs before he debuts.

I have the diet that can make this happen quicker than you think.

:wink:Chuck him in this week :yum:

He is a good footballer. Just happens to be an athletic 19Xcm's.

Win.

To think this could've been a post about Aaron Black, Josh Smith (minus athletic comment), Chad Jones and so many others over the years. :(

Nick looked good but far out I've been teased by VFL form before.

To think this could've been a post about Aaron Black, Josh Smith (minus athletic comment), Chad Jones and so many others over the years. :(

Nick looked good but far out I've been teased by VFL form before.

Don't lie.

Aaron Black never teased you with VFL form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back