Autopsy 40 point win over Dockers - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Heeney game was set up by his performance last week. He got plenty of ball in the 2nd half of the gws game and although he looked clunky with it he was doing the grunt work. Today he once again got plenty ball from the beginning but his class reappeared.

Whenever you're out of form go back to the grunt work. Class will reappear eventually.

Centre clearances an issue again. We have the appropriate players but the combination/balance at center bounces is incorrect. Its frustrating it hasn't been addressed.

I want to see different combos moving forward for the season, as losing center clearances in the finals will be a massive issue. It unnecessarily puts pressure on our defence. We lose it and they get a quick fwd 50 entry. If we could slow it down from the center it'd be helpful but most of the time it looks like a quick center clearance for the opposition.

Imo Kennedy and Parker attending the same center bounce makes us too slow. Split em up. Too many time I've seen opposition players burst out past em from center bounces. Some options:

1. Parker/Heeney/Mills
2. Kennedy/Papley/Warner (when fit)
3. Hewett/Mills/Heeney etc.

We need to get the balance right. Need players with quick reaction and quick first step to either:
A. Win the center clearance or B. Slow down the opposition fwd 50 entry from the center clearance.

We have the pieces but just need to get the fit correct. If we do if, the premiership is ours.

Btw who has horses number or even coxy? :p

Post of the Round.

definitely right about heeney ... his second half against the giants was really good, he worked hard ... launched him into yesterday's game, and hopefully the rest of the season ...
sometimes i wonder if a lot of the posters criticising him are expecting the highlight reel stuff all the time and don't really appreciate or even notice how much work up and down the ground he does ... even when he might be playing injured
best example yesterday was the tackle/spoil/save on darcy that stopped a certain goal ... and, whether inspired by heeney or not, hayward then appeared in the last line of defence to do pretty much the same thing later in the game

Yep, tbh I wouldn't be surprised if until last week Heeney was playing mainly up forward but since last week he's had more of a roaming role. I think with players like heeney and papley, you need to get them early touches so they feel engaged in the contest.

I didn't think to look at who if anyone George Hewett was playing on yesterday, anyone remember?

I'm guessing he'll be getting the Darcy Parish matchup this week with Mills to stand next to Stringer at centre bounces.

I'd be pretty happy to have had the career he had.

Single handedly burning scum on the MCG in his first game at the home of football.

I remember watching this in a bar in Bangkok and thinking this kid will be pretty good. Sadly not to be by the looks of it.

I was at the G for that game. Just fantastic.

Injuries and loss of confidence have led him to being milliseconds out on loose ball gets. The late great Robbie Flower went to contact lenses at some stage. I wonder if Ben needs to have his eyes tested. You just do not lose the ability he showed. Personally I would give him another game.

nah, franklin will get time off ... he's had too many close shaves, been warned several times, and not just this season, and there will be a clamour for him to get a ban ... i reckon two weeks, but it might be three ...

Can only get 3 if deemed intentional and high impact.

Even medium impact would be a stretch, and "intentional" would also be a stretch.

Given the "outrage", I expect "careless" and "medium" impact - 1 week.

"Intentional" and "medium" would get him 2 matches.

Brereton trying to drag him into his if that was the 80’s or 90’s garbage was cringeworthy. He resents Franklin for not only leaving his shitty club but also he chose us and also knowing Franklin is a way superior footballer to him.

I didn't even understand the point of the question. Did he want Lynch to say it wouldn't have got a suspension? Lynch didn't know how to respond initially because he didn't understand the point.

Can only get 3 if deemed intentional and high impact.

Even medium impact would be a stretch, and "intentional" would also be a stretch.

Given the "outrage", I expect "careless" and "medium" impact - 1 week.

"Intentional" and "medium" would get him 2 matches.

I'm thinking two weeks in all.
There will be a debate over 1 or 2 for the elbow, but I suspect he will get a week for the bump. Lance copped a $2000 fine a month ago for a high bump.
Therefore if he gets a week for the bump he'll only get a week for the elbow.

I didn't even understand the point of the question. Did he want Lynch to say it wouldn't have got a suspension? Lynch didn't know how to respond initially because he didn't understand the point.

If you had of been available for comment he would have asked you. He was just trying to garner more support after he realised he would be charged with animal cruelty after flogging a horse to death.

Brereton trying to drag him into his if that was the 80’s or 90’s garbage was cringeworthy. He resents Franklin for not only leaving his shitty club but also he chose us and also knowing Franklin is a way superior footballer to him.
Dermott was over-the-top, but Buddy has been a but lucky with the MRP. Lower profile players would have been suspended.

A week without Buddy might be good for us.

If you had of been available for comment he would have asked you. He was just trying to garner more support after he realised he would be charged with animal cruelty after flogging a horse to death.

But my point is why the reference to the 80s since that would seem to suggest he wanted someone to say it wouldn't have been a suspension back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But my point is why the reference to the 80s since that would seem to suggest he wanted someone to say it wouldn't have been a suspension back then.

When the incident happened he said if it was the 80’s or 90’s it would have been 4 weeks or more. I was actually surprised when he referenced the 80’s & 90’s thinking he would say all good play on but he went the other way. Make no mistake he was not only campaigning for Franklin to be suspended he wants weeks in comparison to the week it will probably get.

Dermott was over-the-top, but Buddy has been a but lucky with the MRP. Lower profile players would have been suspended.

A week without Buddy might be good for us.

No doubt but I also think the media magnify incidents with high profile players. Like you say he goes he goes and the week won’t hurt him. Let’s just hope it is only the one.

I'm just so impressed with how this team has been coached. Our defensive pressure is so consistently strong and teams haven't been able to cope with it across 4 quarters for the last month. Add to that our ball movement - I'm still kinda shocked at just how consistently pin-point our kicking is. They have such confidence to go for kicks into the corridor and go for small window kicks up the ground right now, it's stunning.

The only thing I'm disappointed about currently is that I'm not able to see them live. If we go deep into the finals, I'll be gutted I can't see them do it live but all the same, it's been a hell of a year already.

I'm thinking two weeks in all.
There will be a debate over 1 or 2 for the elbow, but I suspect he will get a week for the bump. Lance copped a $2000 fine a month ago for a high bump.
Therefore if he gets a week for the bump he'll only get a week for the elbow.

Any footage of the bump? I did the garage and radio thing yesterday. I just couldn't hack the constant demands from her and her to switch to the bloody gymnastics.

Any footage of the bump? I did the garage and radio thing yesterday. I just couldn't hack the constant demands from her and her to switch to the bloody gymnastics.
I'm going on recollection from yesterday. It may be on social media somewhere. Sorry I can't be of more help Bruce.

I'm just so impressed with how this team has been coached. Our defensive pressure is so consistently strong and teams haven't been able to cope with it across 4 quarters for the last month. Add to that our ball movement - I'm still kinda shocked at just how consistently pin-point our kicking is. They have such confidence to go for kicks into the corridor and go for small window kicks up the ground right now, it's stunning.

The only thing I'm disappointed about currently is that I'm not able to see them live. If we go deep into the finals, I'll be gutted I can't see them do it live but all the same, it's been a hell of a year already.
This. Agree with all of this.

Imagine an empty GF... These are strange times indeed.

I didn't think to look at who if anyone George Hewett was playing on yesterday, anyone remember?

I'm guessing he'll be getting the Darcy Parish matchup this week with Mills to stand next to Stringer at centre bounces.
GWS put a hard tag on Parish last night. He finished with 15 touches. (He’s been averaging over 30)

Over to you, Georgie boy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back