Autopsy 40 point win over Dockers - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not going to cut it if he is just doing that. There are at least 3 others currently in the side that can and do it. Players who can't get the footy are no good to you. Once upon a time the permanent forward pocket type role was the hardest position on the ground to get a kick. Today with structures and zones and ball movement all players have to be finding the footy.

Oh i agree just thinking Ronke was brought in his side for his defensive pressure Longmire has said so interested if anyone has the stats for his inside 50 tackle count.

Blakey really shutting me up in the new running hb role

We still need to get the clearance game right

Gulden field kicking and just decision making is already elite

Fox allows others to do more

Heeney did what he is paid to do

Still cant believe it Blakey off the HB who would of thought it.

Can i say how happy i am to see Blakey looks to have found a position he can contribute and ironic its in defence! small sample size tho!

We all knew Heeney can do this its just he doesn't back it up to often.
Even though the sample size is small you can see the use he's already putting his skills too. As he improves his defensive skills he will only get better. Sure he will drop the odd clanger. So what?
The big question in my mind is "what position will he be playing in our next premiership side?".

We won't be making 4 changes (potentially 5 to the side).

Franklin - Out suspended, likely for McDonald
Reid - Potential Hamstring? Likely for Amartey
Ronke - For Stephens (Maybe Mills or Cunningham depending on isolation).

Bell was fine today

He was pissing himself laughing at the end of the game with the boys and walking off no limp no ice. Don't think he would be that happy after just coming back after 12-13 weeks and hurting himself first up.

Be interesting with the mid group, they better not stuff around with hewett

It would be madness to move Hewett.

I'd have thought it would be a simple swap Mills for Rowbottom. I don't even know why we bother selecting him at this point. If there's that much concern over his fitness that he can't even get out there for more than 60% of the match then what's the point?

Then Warner for Ronke. Advocated for Ronke's return and in fairness it's his first stint at senior level in over a year, but yeah really wasn't very good and Warner can offer far more. Play him off a flank and have him rotating through the middle until he's ready for full time midfield minutes again.

And Cunningham for Bell. Which would involve shifting some magnets around kinda, pushing one of Florent/McInerney/Blakey up the ground a little more.

We're loaded with small forwards atm and we have two mids and a defender coming in, so either way magnets will have to be moved and that's OK as long as it doesn't **** the team balance up too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was pissing himself laughing at the end of the game with the boys and walking off no limp no ice. Don't think he would be that happy after just coming back after 12-13 weeks and hurting himself first up.

Glad to read/ hear it.

Was worried after the commentators mentioned it.

Good time for Buddy to show the elbow. He gets to refresh and prepare for the finals.

As long as it is just the one. His frustration has been boiling over the last couple of weeks. Some really ordinary delivery early in games and you never know what affect being away from a young family has on him. Time for him to take stock and refresh as you have suggested.

It would be madness to move Hewett.

I'd have thought it would be a simple swap Mills for Rowbottom. I don't even know why we bother selecting him at this point. If there's that much concern over his fitness that he can't even get out there for more than 60% of the match then what's the point?

Then Warner for Ronke. Advocated for Ronke's return and in fairness it's his first stint at senior level in over a year, but yeah really wasn't very good and Warner can offer far more. Play him off a flank and have him rotating through the middle until he's ready for full time midfield minutes again.

And Cunningham for Bell. Which would involve shifting some magnets around kinda, pushing one of Florent/McInerney/Blakey up the ground a little more.

We're loaded with small forwards atm and we have two mids and a defender coming in, so either way magnets will have to be moved and that's OK as long as it doesn't **** the team balance up too much.
Hewett is one of the better decision makers with ball in hand, He reads the play well and often bobs up exactly where you need him when the ball is in tight. Surely we stays in the mid rotation, Warner presents a fantastic dilemma as you need to move someone in form to bring him in. He is no certainty to come in and it’s a challenge to think who comes out.

Hewett is one of the better decision makers with ball in hand, He reads the play well and often bobs up exactly where you need him when the ball is in tight. Surely we stays in the mid rotation, Warner presents a fantastic dilemma as you need to move someone in form to bring him in. He is no certainty to come in and it’s a challenge to think who comes out.

I agree I don't see an obvious spot for Warner in the midfield when Mills comes back. JPK, Parker, Mills and (surely) Hewett all ahead of him in the pecking order. However if he's fifth, he could still have a few rotations in there and then make an impact off a forward flank or wing, which is where he was playing the last few weeks before he got injured. I think even though it's not his ideal role, he'd still have more of an impact than Bell, Ronke or current form Rowbottom.

We just keep winning.
What happens, happens.

exactly ... get to finals and win four on the trot, we know what that means

and for all those trying to qualify this win by bringing up the fyfe injury, remember tom hickey v giants first time round ... injuries are part of football and today we beat freo playing barely two good quarters
and that's two of our three 'get back' games
lost to giants, got it back next time
lost to freo, got it back next time
lost to gold coast ... they know what's coming
we're a good team on the way to being a very good team, and that's just this year ... next 4-5 years we're potentially a very good team ready to become a great team ...
i think we're one of five teams that can win this year ... port aren't one of the five, and i still don't believe geelong can win it all either ...

I agree I don't see an obvious spot for Warner in the midfield when Mills comes back. JPK, Parker, Mills and (surely) Hewett all ahead of him in the pecking order. However if he's fifth, he could still have a few rotations in there and then make an impact off a forward flank or wing, which is where he was playing the last few weeks before he got injured. I think even though it's not his ideal role, he'd still have more of an impact than Bell, Ronke or current form Rowbottom.
Warner has been playing on the wing for most of the season so doesn't really compete with any of 4. In saying that he's missed over a month of football, he's not coming in just yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back