Autopsy 40 point win over Dockers - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Last two 3rd quarters we have outscored the other team 71-4.

Prepping for the premiership quarter
103-22 over the last month, which is staggering given we've played 3 teams in the 8, and one that was playing for a spot in the 8.

Coaches votes;

View attachment 1187643

No surprises, other than both coaches voted exactly the same way.
New leader in Swans AFL coaches votes
22 players with 9 players 22 years old or under

Haw
Bye
Total
U22
Luke Parker​
10​
8​
6​
8​
38​
Callum Mills​
10​
1​
2​
7​
4​
3​
10​
37​
Isaac Heeney​
3​
1​
9​
10​
4​
37​
Tom Hickey​
7​
4​
3​
10​
1​
3​
3​
3​
34​
Lance Franklin​
9​
8​
3​
1​
2​
23​
Jordan Dawson​
4​
4​
2​
10​
20​
Tom McCartin​
5​
3​
8​
16​
*​
Tom Papley​
7​
1​
8​
16​
Josh Kennedy​
2​
2​
2​
2​
16​
Jake Lloyd​
5​
4​
4​
13​
Oliver Florent​
2​
3​
7​
12​
*​
Errol Gulden​
7​
2​
11​
*​
Sam Wicks​
10​
10​
*​
Sam Reid​
8​
8​
Dane Rampe​
2​
4​
6​
Braeden Campbell​
5​
5​
*​
George Hewitt​
5​
5​
Harry Cunningham​
1​
3​
4​
Chad Warner​
2​
2​
4​
*​
Justin McInerney​
2​
2​
4​
*​
Hayden McLean​
1​
1​
2​
*​
Will Hayward​
1​
1​
*​

Just looking up some stats as you do..

• Buddy is 9 goals behind Bob Skilton for goals kicked as a Sydney Swan, and 60 behind Tony Lockett.
  • Of current players, only Buddy (132 games) has kicked more goals than Tom Papley, who has 3 more than Parker (230 games) and 12 more than Sam Reid (164 games) from just 117 games
  • Only 5 players have played more games for the Swans than Josh Kennedy, and all were one club players - Goodes, Jude Bolton, McVeigh, O'Loughlin and O'Keefe.
  • Heeney has played only 8 games less than Buddy as a Swan, but has kicked 263 less goals..! Buddy is a freak.

Interestingly, Heeney's 10 votes takes him to tied 2nd in the coaches votes (37 votes) for the Swans with Mills (37), narrowly behind Parker (38), and in front of Hickey (34).

Heeney and Mills the only 2 Swans to have been unanimously judged best afield twice. Heeney, Mills and Parker judged best Swans player afield 3 times each.

Interesting just how far off the top of the leaderboard we are, and also the fact that we don't have a single player on the leaderboard. We comfortably have the most even spread of contributors in the competition.

Brereton trying to drag him into his if that was the 80’s or 90’s garbage was cringeworthy. He resents Franklin for not only leaving his shitty club but also he chose us and also knowing Franklin is a way superior footballer to him.

Dermie took the same path though, he played for the Swans after he left Hawthorn... difference being he was a washed-up FIGJAM at the time

I hope Hickey pulls a couple more blinders and wins it. That would be fantastic.
Tom cannot win the AFL coaches votes, but he could be the top Swans player
LEADERBOARD
94 Marcus Bontempelli WB
92 Clayton Oliver MELB
85 Touk Miller GCFC
83 Samuel Walsh CARL
83 Ollie Wines PORT
75 Jack Steele STK
70 Darcy Parish ESS

103-22 over the last month, which is staggering given we've played 3 teams in the 8, and one that was playing for a spot in the 8.
Just to return to this, averaging less than a goal in ANY quarter of football, let alone the third over a month is ******* mindboggling. Wouldn't surprise me if that's a record.

Lance 1 week
Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Dane for tripping - fine

While I think it was worth 1 week I think it is a bit rich to suggest that it was medium impact given the lack of any damage done whatsoever

Brereton trying to drag him into his if that was the 80’s or 90’s garbage was cringeworthy. He resents Franklin for not only leaving his shitty club but also he chose us and also knowing Franklin is a way superior footballer to him.
He was on SEN saying he's a friend and tried to explain himself

New leader in Swans AFL coaches votes
22 players with 9 players 22 years old or under

Haw
Bye
Total
U22
Luke Parker​
10​
8​
6​
8​
38​
Callum Mills​
10​
1​
2​
7​
4​
3​
10​
37​
Isaac Heeney​
3​
1​
9​
10​
4​
37​
Tom Hickey​
7​
4​
3​
10​
1​
3​
3​
3​
34​
Lance Franklin​
9​
8​
3​
1​
2​
23​
Jordan Dawson​
4​
4​
2​
10​
20​
Tom McCartin​
5​
3​
8​
16​
*​
Tom Papley​
7​
1​
8​
16​
Josh Kennedy​
2​
2​
2​
2​
16​
Jake Lloyd​
5​
4​
4​
13​
Oliver Florent​
2​
3​
7​
12​
*​
Errol Gulden​
7​
2​
11​
*​
Sam Wicks​
10​
10​
*​
Sam Reid​
8​
8​
Dane Rampe​
2​
4​
6​
Braeden Campbell​
5​
5​
*​
George Hewitt​
5​
5​
Harry Cunningham​
1​
3​
4​
Chad Warner​
2​
2​
4​
*​
Justin McInerney​
2​
2​
4​
*​
Hayden McLean​
1​
1​
2​
*​
Will Hayward​
1​
1​
*​

Holy **** that's more than half our list! And 22 out of 34 blokes who have played (whole) games for us this year.

Talk about buy-in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen Swannies supporters,
give respect to the Dockers. They flew clear across the country to play us at Metricon.
They had Fyfe and Walters go off injured.
David Mundy deserved better in his 350th.
Well done our boys to stay behind afterwards for a gusrd of honour for David Mundy.
I believe Fyfe only played to honour his mate Mundy's 350th..
So a bit of respect to a worthy opponent..

Listen Swannies supporters,
give respect to the Dockers. They flew clear across the country to play us at Metricon.
They had Fyfe and Walters go off injured.
David Mundy deserved better in his 350th.
Well done our boys to stay behind afterwards for a gusrd of honour for David Mundy.
I believe Fyfe only played to honour his mate Mundy's 350th..
So a bit of respect to a worthy opponent..

Was anyone showing disrespect?

Can someone tell me what the centre bounce clearance count was yesterday? Is there a site available that provides this info?

Can someone tell me what the centre bounce clearance count was yesterday? Is there a site available that provides this info?
10-15 Freo's way. AFL App has it

That would have been a laugh :rolleyes:

Exactly. What explanation could he possibly have when he continued through the rest of the game at every opportunity to suggest the penalty and how franklin had to go. He is a s**t talker though who alot of mugs fall into. So nothing would surprise me if he had those dills eating up his dribble.

Exactly. What explanation could he possibly have when he continued through the rest of the game at every opportunity to suggest the penalty and how franklin had to go. He is a sh*t talker though who alot of mugs fall into. So nothing would surprise me if he had those dills eating up his dribble.
Not only that how about his "Gulden seems to get get high contact frees" x4 comments throughout the whole game. I reckon he has been paid to undermine the Swans finals campaign.

Not only that how about his "Gulden seems to get get high contact frees" x4 comments throughout the whole game. I reckon he has been paid to undermine the Swans finals campaign.

What a stupid conspiracy theory. He mentioned once that Gulden had his third high free for the game and that was it.

Even King who everyone is convinced against us has been a champion on First Crack each week talking up how we should make Top 4 and he hopes we do. Swans fans go loopy when games start and the commentators start talking. Everyone needs to find something else to moan about or just smile and enjoy the season we're having FFS.

What a stupid conspiracy theory. He mentioned once that Gulden had his third high free for the game and that was it.

Even King who everyone is convinced against us has been a champion on First Crack each week talking up how we should make Top 4 and he hopes we do. Swans fans go loopy when games start and the commentators start talking. Everyone needs to find something else to moan about or just smile and enjoy the season we're having FFS.
When a butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazon....hehe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back