AFL Player #40: Tex Wanganeen - Running and kicking drills at training - 23/3

Remove this Banner Ad

He's on the rookie list. Relax.

It's not like he's another Henneman or Bolton. If Tex doesn't make it he's cost us a rookie spot. Big whooper
At the same time tex would have to do something significant this year to get upgraded next year. Just looks like his body can’t hold up which is a shame

Injured and no
Ah that’s a shame. He probably had about 12 quarters of pure quality over last year. If he could keep that same level over 6 games which is about double of last year you would keep him on the list. Agree with others that his kicking skills (field and goal) is top notch. I hope he has the chance to attack a decent block of games because the quality is definitely there.

Screenshot_20240412_120339_Instagram.jpg
I hope this is an old photo, coming back from a navicular with noodle arms might fall afoul of Brad's professional lifestyle standards!
A month or two of VFL for he and Jayden and who knows, we might be getting some depth in Menzies spot. Just in time for our guaranteed top-8 finish 😎

So stoked for him to be back. IMO is by far and away our best small forward prospect and has the ceiling/attributes to be one of the most dangerous in the comp, if he can get a clear run at it.
Interesting, I haven't seen enough of him to have any idea about his ceiling, but I don't generally see the forum raving about him having the potential to be one of the most dangerous in the comp. What lends you to this opinion?

So stoked for him to be back. IMO is by far and away our best small forward prospect and has the ceiling/attributes to be one of the most dangerous in the comp, if he can get a clear run at it.

Blimey! I love him, but most dangerous in the comp... Here's hoping. I do think he's possibly already a top 5 kick on our list.

Interesting, I haven't seen enough of him to have any idea about his ceiling, but I don't generally see the forum raving about him having the potential to be one of the most dangerous in the comp. What lends you to this opinion?

The combination of his attributes. Aerial ability, clean hands, ability to kick intuitive goals, kicking inside 50. Most small forwards in the comp currently are pretty much nippy small mids with little forward craft. His problem was always a low fitness base, so his injury has set him back a lot and will probably take him the better part of this year to get back to it. But based on his VFL trajectory from last year, I'd have no doubt he'd be best 22 currently, If he had avoided injury.

How did he go?
Only played second half, 4 touches 2 tackles. Probably would have been better off playing first half when the game was in our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back