Past #40: Thomas Murphy - delisted after 8 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Murph

Remove this Banner Ad

Stiffest of the bunch to be delisted I reckon, he showed a decent amount in his limited amount of games than a good portion of the delisted did in 50+ games.

When you cut 11 blokes at once I think there's a bit of competition for 'stiffest of the bunch'. Not intended as a slight against him either, and you're right that he did only receive limited chances to prove himself. Unfortunately though he didn't do too well in the back half with his defending, and when on a wing he still couldn't accumulate particularly good numbers. Was impressed with a lot of his kicking and surprised with how often he found himself free in the F50, so there were definitely some raw ingredients to work with. If it wasn't for projected list size cuts I would have said I'd expect him to stay with us or at the very least find a spot on another team's rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the list is fitter next year who would he have displaced?

I liked him and hoped he would make it. Had some good tools but just didn't seem to quite make it. Could be a guy who goes and works on his game at state level before getting picked up later on.

All the best Tom.

I was a fan, but an optimistic one mainly......thought he had some tools that could translate to this level.
Think it’s a fair call though. I’ve mentioned before, he will wake with cold sweats thinking about those 2 misses last night.....mighta saved his career.
And yes, it also might not of. But they, the misses, will be the thing that burn inside.

awesome - get that booming left peg out
Tom's a right footer mate ..... unless you're talking to me, as it looks like I'm off the wing and more on the ball this year ;-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back