Delisted 40. Will Hayes

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I read somewhere that Hayes didn't play the last month in the VFL? And the reason was that we were trying to hide him?

How's his endurance? Does he have potential as a winger?

He might go pretty well with our game plan. Could be a real smokey, who knows. Anyway best of luck with your second opportunity Will.

Nick Austin:
"He’s been one of our strongest performers at VFL level, along with a handful of others and he’s improved his game. He’s probably had to play a bit more inside due to personnel and other things which has been good for his contested game, but we see him as a winger and high forward.

"With his elite running ability he can get back, help our midfield on the spread and help defensively and equalising the front half. We’ll look to throw him into that midfield mix inside and outside and see where that takes us."

So not only will he give competition to our wingers like Newnes/Cottrell/LOB, he puts pressure on Fisher/Durdin/Carroll and arguably Martin.

Could be an immediate upgrade on Carroll who is playing high forward right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9a737d36867fbe94d6a1d68d776c5a9a.png

Woulda given the #40 to Durds but it's all good. I guess ;)

Someone earlier nailed it when they pointed to vfl recruiting next year. If you've missed out at your first chance, where do you go? Having hungry, motivated guys trying make the most of their opportunity brings a great culture, and coaches love working with them.

James Blanck is an example of this. My son played juniors with him, he's just been picked up by the hawks through their reserves. A great kid, great family, and will give 100% to make it.

Last edited:
Someone earlier nailed it when they pointed to vfl recruiting next year. If you've missed out at your first chance, where do you go? Having hungry, motivated guys trying make the most of their opportunity brings a great culture, and caches love working with them.

James Blanck is an example of this. My son played juniors with him, he's just been picked up by the hawks through their reserved. A great kid, great family, and will give 100% to make it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
where theres a will theres a hayes

May have been already mentioned but assuming Nick Austin Powers has recruited/drafted Lewis Young and Will Hayes twice ?

Someone earlier nailed it when they pointed to vfl recruiting next year. If you've missed out at your first chance, where do you go? Having hungry, motivated guys trying make the most of their opportunity brings a great culture, and caches love working with them.

James Blanck is an example of this. My son played juniors with him, he's just been picked up by the hawks through their reserved. A great kid, great family, and will give 100% to make it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Which makes Paddy Dow's struggles all the more curious. He's already in the big time.

Which makes Paddy Dow's struggles all the more curious. He's already in the big time.
He has a weapon (extraction) and seems to try to work on his deficiencies; remember he had Diesel over the summer working on his kicking once etc.

Maybe as the great Jack Dyer once misquoted football is 90% mental and 20% physical

Remove this Banner Ad

Back