Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

11 - snelling.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2023 (previously delisted)
My Boy Draft 2023: Claim here

Last edited:
His height is irrelevant if he can play at the level - Some are too precious about height.
Agree. He can play. The knock on him was how his light frame at the time would translate to the AFL which is why he went as a rookie. Did not get much of a look in at Port and I know a lot of Port suporters questioned why. I do not rezlly care about height. He is a geniune midfiekder with speed who likes to tackle and do the team stuff.

Having watched both over the years I would say SANFL is better than VFL due to the teams being tighter. The talent is higher in the VFL however because they have so many AFL listed players.
So, a more competitive league that develops a smaller talent pool more quickly (SANFL) v an uneven competition with a larger and more diverse talent pool that takes longer to develop the less obvious talent (VFL).

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Easy to say height doesn't matter if an individual can play, but looking at it from a team perspective you can have too many.
Agree with this. Balance is important.

Having said that, one thing I thought in his draft year he did well for a little guy was he could pretty consistently gets his arms up and free when he was tackled/about to be tackled.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
View attachment 682973

Mingma is 40 years old.
Mingma wears number 40.

Mingma.
It's eternal.
On May 20, 2011, at age 32, Sherpa became the first person from Nepaland the first South Asian to scale all 14 of the world's highest mountains. In the process, he set a new world record—he became the first mountaineer to climb all 14 peaks on the first attempt.

giphy.gif

2 + 0 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 4 = 21.

:think:

Will 'Mingma' Snelling is 21 years of age.

:eek:

Have the campaigners selected him? Nope dam.

VFL this week.

Ironically the only MSD pick that was selected to play first up was Gardner, and he’s coming off 3 disposals and no goals

Back