Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally different scenario to a young player IMO. Mingma has come from the AFL system already (Port Adelaide) and had senior exposure. He was specifically brought in to replace Smith, exactly what the mid season draft was for. Recruiters/selectors must believe he is ready on SANFL form, they would have done their research.

Expect he will get a call up soon. Long term, maybe worth a spot on list if Smith's issues are not resolved.

Yep, I am with you, drink the beer!
Okay i'm well out of the loop with what the mid year draft is all about, but i can't imagine they are dead set looking to replace Smith like for like. Smith is a great player but he is hardly the type of player that we desperately needed (small mid). We do actually have a great balance in the team right now if everyone performs as we know (technically) they can.

So his baseline is 20+ touches, 7-8 tackles and a goal.

Probably won’t get a gig this year given we’re now starting to get a little bit healthier but is 12 weeks of strong VFL form enough to get him another contract?

So his baseline is 20+ touches, 7-8 tackles and a goal.

Probably won’t get a gig this year given we’re now starting to get a little bit healthier but is 12 weeks of strong VFL form enough to get him another contract?
I'd argue yes. Also I would say that he may get a few games.

If he can have a spot on the Rookie list I would keep him. We seem pretty tight for spots on the main list.
This isn't directed solely at you.

How is a bottom 8 side tight for spots on its list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(I will answer anyway) for a start, I see our underperformance as not being a list management problem entirely (I point at least a couple of fingers at some coaching of team structures). Bottom 8 is only 1-2 games away from top 8 - so the list of players needs to be managed carefully. As it stands, we have too many uncontracted players who are best 22, young, and with scope to improve.

I honestly don't think we are. Right now I can think of 7 players on the list that I doubt will be next year and another 2-3 that would be borderline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back