Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

11 - snelling.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2023 (previously delisted)
My Boy Draft 2023: Claim here

Last edited:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
He was okay.

If he was some previously un-sighted VFL player I doubt his performance would be getting more than the plaudits that someone like McKenna would have gotten in the last few weeks when he has been effective or Dixon, I think it was, who was good today.

I thought he was pretty scrappy in close, certainly nothing special. Windy Hill is not a venue that has any real outside component of a game (give its overall size) so we didn't really get the chance to see any of the speed he is renowned for.

Doesn't mean anything after 1 game, of course, but given that the post above me is saying to bring him in for an AFL match, I thought some perspective would be in order.

First impression is that if his speed is what I understand it to be, a Richmond style small utility who is hammering the secondary contested ball (whether it's from a wing or half forward) is the sort of player I see him as.

Would want to see something elite about his inside game before thinking he'll be playing AFL midfield any time soon. It's important to remember that there are "stats" and then there are "stats".

Zac Clarke looked like the reincarnation of Jesus Christ on paper playing WAFL last year.

Last edited:
He was okay.

If he was some previously un-sighted VFL player I doubt his performance would be getting more than the plaudits that someone like McKenna would have gotten in the last few weeks when he has been effective or Dixon, I think it was, who was good today.

I thought he was pretty scrappy in close, certainly nothing special. Windy Hill is not a venue that has any really outside component of a game (give its overall size) so we didn't really get the chance to see any of the speed he is renowned for.

Doesn't mean anything after 1 game, of course, but given that the post above me is saying to bring him in for an AFL match, I thought some perspective would be in order.

First impression is that if his speed is what I understand it to be, a Richmond style small utility who is hammering the secondary contested ball (whether it's from a wing or half forward) is the sort of player I see him as.

Would want to see something elite about his inside game before thinking he'll be playing AFL midfield any time soon. It's important to remember that there are "stats" and then there are "stats".

Zac Clarke looked like the reincarnation of Jesus Christ on paper playing WAFL last year.
Baguley's VFL craft was less impressive.

Doubt he'll come in against Hawthorn but wouldn't be shocked for him to make a debut for us sooner rather than later. Will be interesting to see how he plays in the next game after having some time to learn his team mates and the game plan.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
It takes years for Woosha to give young blokes a go, so unless Mingma is related to Baggers he should wait in line. Me, I'd play him.
Why walk into a bottle shop, purchase a can of beer then put it in the boot.

It takes years for Woosha to give young blokes a go, so unless Mingma is related to Baggers he should wait in line. Me, I'd play him.
Why purchase just one?

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a coach talk more about ‘getting to know each other, and learning to trust each other blah blah blah” than Worsfold. I’d say that he will want his beer put in the fridge till it’s icy cold, no way he’s serving warm beer.

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Totally different scenario to a young player IMO. Mingma has come from the AFL system already (Port Adelaide) and had senior exposure. He was specifically brought in to replace Smith, exactly what the mid season draft was for. Recruiters/selectors must believe he is ready on SANFL form, they would have done their research.

Expect he will get a call up soon. Long term, maybe worth a spot on list if Smith's issues are not resolved.

Yep, I am with you, drink the beer!

Back