Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

11 - snelling.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2023 (previously delisted)
My Boy Draft 2023: Claim here

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Bit a love for this bloke? Feel he's rather maligned, which is pretty normal for a small forward that pushes up on the wings, but was huge yesterday. Never going to be a world beater, but hard as a cats head, tackle machine and great goal sense. Fits the Richmond small mould to punch above his weight/size.
Don’t know why he cops so much heat. Turns up and gives 100% every week. Great team player, Always gives first option and looks to bring others in to it (like giving coxy his 1st goal last week). Not hard to see why he gets a game every week.

Don’t know why he cops so much heat. Turns up and gives 100% every week. Great team player, Always gives first option and looks to bring others in to it (like giving coxy his 1st goal last week). Not hard to see why he gets a game every week.
Because people don't like the fact that he finished top 10 in our BnF last year

Good ordinary players. You always need them.

bombreys

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon

does he cop that much heat? I feel like everyone likes him. I don’t know how you couldn’t like someone who tries so hard

The forums are more level headed than Facebook and Twitter on him.
I feel like forum posters tend to be more dedicated fans since they've gone to the effort to seek out a football forum, and tend to stick around rain, hail or shine and through pre-season, so they're more knowledgable and there's more information at hand too. Not that they're not still melty 😆 but you don't get as many half-interested randoms that only turn up on half the game days compared to Facebook or Twitter.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Great game. Hand up guilty; Certainly have been critical of him in the past. Didn't think he had a future, but the additions of Perkins and Cox add an extra marking dimension pushing forward from the wing that will mitigate his lack of aerial presence and probably allow him to hang around now. That aerial support will be cruical as Tippa, Waterman and him probably can't be relied on to bring it to ground/compete.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Guilty. Sorry Mingma

You and me both. Watched the replay and he always seemed to be ‘there’. Takes safe options with the odd dangerous chance.

As has been mentioned, 25 games so can only get better hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like forum posters tend to be more dedicated fans since they've gone to the effort to seek out a football forum, and tend to stick around rain, hail or shine and through pre-season, so they're more knowledgable and there's more information at hand too. Not that they're not still melty 😆 but you don't get as many half-interested randoms that only turn up on half the game days compared to Facebook or Twitter.
I think this forum does a bit of self-moderating (aside from the lovely work from the actual moderators), I think people will comment and pull others into line if their posting is too harsh/extreme.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Honestly, I think he has copped it because he’s short. He arrived at a time when everyone was rabid about our undersized midfield. If you look at his output he’s done really well for a rookie jumping in. Suspect many didn’t give him a chance because is so mini.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Honestly, I think he has copped it because he’s short. He arrived at a time when everyone was rabid about our undersized midfield. If you look at his output he’s done really well for a rookie jumping in. Suspect many didn’t give him a chance because is so mini.
If you go onto afl statspro where you can watch every players clips from any game, people would see how har she works and he actually rarely makes an error.

I think this forum does a bit of self-moderating (aside from the lovely work from the actual moderators), I think people will comment and pull others into line if their posting is too harsh/extreme.
Definitely. We have a good community here 😊

I think he cops it because he's not a big bodied mid tbh

Back