Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this, the lads on the board podcast mentioned how he doesn't have the upside of Devon Smith, but he sure as hell has the consistent defensive effort.
Doesn’t snipe people, doesn’t give away stupid 50m penalities, doesn’t berate team mates, is a great finisher in front of goal, is on significantly less money. I’d pick Snelling over Smith everytime.

Extending Smith contract baffles me
Me too, he's absolutely cooked.
He feels like a net-negative in a lot of games. Doesn't use his brain, gives away free kicks and doesn't apply the same pressure he used to because his body is cooked.
Makes me wonder if Smith's game on Sunday made the club realise how much we need Snelling going forward?

Good news. A bit disappointed that he got injured when a spot in the midfield opened up for him. I reckon he would have really stepped up and supposed people with a consistent run on ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, the story behind Mingma. One of his mates is Nepalese and it's his first name, so another one put it in the Wikipedia page and absolutely stitched him up, apparently it took a couple of months before his mum took it down from the page.

Absolute legend too

Good chance to play this weekend as long as he's comfortable with the ball handling.

Newly re-signed forward Will Snelling is a strong chance to return to Essendon's line-up this week as he progresses from a thumb injury.

The 23-year-old suffered the injury in the Bombers' round 11 win over West Coast and has maintained a strong fitness base while re-integrating into ball work.

Head of high performance Sean Murphy said Snelling was likely to face Geelong at GMHBA Stadium on Friday night, pending his ability to complete this week’s training.

“'Snell' is going really well. He did a really solid session on the weekend at game loads,” Murphy told Dons Digital’s Liberty Financial Performance Update.

“He’s a test this week and he’ll do some ball handling, making sure he’s really comfortable with that and he’ll be a good chance to play this weekend.”

Extending Smith contract baffles me
Not totally. I still think the combo of Smith , Snelling and Walla works well enough as far as pressure in the forward half goes. Smith is a loose cannon but he does do a lot of pressure stuff most weeks and is handy around goal.

Returning from a finger or thumb sucks

You always feel you should get back before you are actually ready because most of your body works

Really can impact every aspect, marking, disposal can be weird, sticking tackles can be hard

If Mingma gets it done well I’ll respect him even more

Does some good things and overall I do like him but if he reduced the amount of dumbass moments he has by half, we'd be a 1-2 goal better team a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back