Delisted #41: Ben McNiece

Height: 178cm
Weight: 75kg
DOB: 22/03/1992
Position: Defender
Recruited from: Northcote Park

Small defender with good dash and skills apparently, impressed for Northcote Park in the Northern FL for the past 2 years. At his height and weight he'd want to be able to do that at this level, might get pushed around a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
McNeice family had been a staple of Northcote Park for over 40 years. Played juniors with a couple of McNeice's who were all handy players. And even at that time there were McNiece'S playing seniors.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Interesting.

You don't see the EFC website do these sort of puff pieces on VFL-only players that often.

I wonder if the club has some ideas...

I doubt they'd recruit Ben. The club has taken strides this year in the coverage of our VFL side this year though.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Yoda

Did the recruiter give any thoughts on McNeice ?

My vision indicates he has the tools to be an AFL player.

Didn't speak much about him, just said to keep an eye out for him.

I like what I've seen from him too. Pace seems above average, kicking is above average and despite his size (a tall looking 178cm/75.5kg) he cracks in hard.

If he is given a state game gig, won't be surprised to see him go to the combine. Everyone likes a small defender with good kicking skills

Training in the AFL group. Candidate for rookie draft?

Super duper smokie.

The one thing he does have going for him is that he kicks absolute darts. Low, flat and quick. Is that enough though?

Back