Delisted #41: Ben McNiece

The speed with which you transitioned from asking who was that to declaring their Dons career over was exhilarating.
A pretty good guess though!

Was one of our best today. Not a lot of plaudits but blanketed one of the best small forwards in the VFL in Rich and had 15 or so himself.

Almost a 3rd of his goals came in 2 games against 10th and last place?

Dunno that helps the argument
He was 5th in the goal kicking tally and only Younan had more goals than him as a small forward, who went ahead only in the prelim final. Rich can play.

He was 5th in the goal kicking tally and only Younan had more goals than him as a small forward, who went ahead only in the prelim final. Rich can play.
Maybe. Seems to have had 3 or 4 big games last year.

Guess the VFL small forward depth is poor.

Maybe. Seems to have had 3 or 4 big games last year.

Guess the VFL small forward depth is poor.
Small forwards in general don't really get heaps of goals in state leagues. Parker only scored 27 goals last year in the WAFL.

Corey Rich (138 votes) finished third behind St.Kilda listed ruckmen Lewis Pierce (199) and former Kangaroo Will Fordham (76 votes) in the Dolphins B&F count.
Yaco knows what I’m referring to. Genuinely keen on our round by round leaderboard from the b&f.

Don’t spose you can point me to last years b&f leaderboards?

What is the relevance of a weekly B and F leaderboard to determine whether a player has AFL traits or is one of the better small forwards in the VFL ? Rich was invited to the National Combine which suggests there is interest from AFL clubs.

What is the relevance of a weekly B and F leaderboard to determine whether a player has AFL traits or is one of the better small forwards in the VFL ? Rich was invited to the National Combine which suggests there is interest from AFL clubs.
Sorry I mean Essendon. I think you missed my post in the Stewart thread asking for them.

cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
Corey Rich (138 votes) finished third behind St.Kilda listed ruckmen Lewis Pierce (199) and former Kangaroo Will Fordham (76 votes) in the Dolphins B&F count.

A little unlucky to finish 3rd with 138 votes when 2nd only gets 76 votes

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Pleasantly surprised to see him return and not miss a beat on the weekend. Is easy to see why we managed to get him onto our list. Ok size (178cm/78kg) decent skills and reads the play well.

With our back 6 settled the way it is, may be hard to force his way back in but rest easy knowing he could come in and play a role.

cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
Pleasantly surprised to see him return and not miss a beat on the weekend. Is easy to see why we managed to get him onto our list. Ok size (178cm/78kg) decent skills and reads the play well.

With our back 6 settled the way it is, may be hard to force his way back in but rest easy knowing he could come in and play a role.

He's about 4yrs from becoming an undroppable pressure small forward.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
He's about 4yrs from becoming an undroppable pressure small forward.
There’s no love for Bags. He was excellent last year and has only gone goalless once this year. Bit stiff with a couple of frees against North. In particular, think it was the 4th quarter when he showed great attack for the ball and the umpire paid a free against for sliding into the opponent’s legs. Bags is not great and will be overtaken soon enough but I completely disagree that there are better players to play his role currently knocking down the door to replace him.

Back