Delisted #41: Ben McNiece

Remove this Banner Ad

My head says this is a replacement for McKenna.... But I really want to believe it means it time for McGrath's release in the midfield
Think he'll play back this week - the logical match up for Elliot.

Reckon more midfield time isn't far away though.

My head says this is a replacement for McKenna.... But I really want to believe it means it time for McGrath's release in the midfield
I reckon the short term look is the Mckenna replacement as you say, with an eye to whether Mcniece can overtake Baguley.

Having Mckenna, Mcgrath and Mcniece in the backline would mean we would suddenly be a bit quicker, and would probably have better footskills.

I reckon the short term look is the Mckenna replacement as you say, with an eye to whether Mcniece can overtake Baguley.

Having Mckenna, Mcgrath and Mcniece in the backline would mean we would suddenly be a bit quicker, and would probably have better footskills.
McPaceydefence

Its been an issue for us all year. A bit of pace and damaging kicking out of the backline is be a good start.

I thought McNiece would come into the team early on in the year - clubs won't generally put a 25 y/o on a list if they dont have a role earmarked for them. Seems the logical replacement for Baggers. I just hope he's up for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could he play half a game of VFL then be put on ice to play again in 2 days time? My head says no, but stranger things have happened.
That really only happens when there's an injury to an AFL player during or just before the VFL game

That really only happens when there's an injury to an AFL player during or just before the VFL game

Yeah and would drive the sports scientists freakin nuts.

The reality is I seriously doubt we'll see this much, if at all going forward.

Wonder if we will use him more for rebound or as a stopper, prefer him with the ball not without
I'm expecting either him or McGrath to play on Fasolo/Elliott and Baguley on the other, then switching onto them when Baguley inevitably gets carved up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back