windyhill

Premium Platinum
Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Played well Benny. Had that bloke who looks like he is constantly on the verge of tears , for a lot of the game. (silvagni) Did well.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I've been critical and I still think Ridley should have been in that spot but he played a good game and I'm happy for him to actually show a bit at AFL level and know that we have some more competent depth. Anyway I think either one of them would have been dropped given we have Fantasia, Shiel, Stringer and possibly Gleeson to return to the team after the bye.

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
I like Benny McNeice, was an advocate of making him an AFL player but for us to progress as an AFL side it’s our bottom 4/6 we need to improve on Ben is unfortunately apart of this.

Is easy to see why they like him, he has great skills, an ok size and a mature body. Obviously the improvement has never came so what we see is what we get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fairbump_playon

All Australian
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I like Benny McNeice, was an advocate of making him an AFL player but for us to progress as an AFL side it’s our bottom 4/6 we need to improve on Ben is unfortunately apart of this.

Is easy to see why they like him, he has great skills, an ok size and a mature body. Obviously the improvement has never came so what we see is what we get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to say I prefer Matt Dea over Ben McNiece. I may even still prefer Mark Baguley over McNiece.
Certainly the best of Baguley a few years back was much better than McNiece.

Ben would certainly carve up at lower levels and is generally a very good ball user. But not imposing enough for the main game I don't think.

Top Bottom