Delisted #41: Ben McNiece

Remove this Banner Ad

I though he was decent- but like previous poster maybe I have had 1 stubby too many!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is decent appropriate from a 27 year old when you’ve got a glut of good small defenders to choose from?

I've been critical and I still think Ridley should have been in that spot but he played a good game and I'm happy for him to actually show a bit at AFL level and know that we have some more competent depth. Anyway I think either one of them would have been dropped given we have Fantasia, Shiel, Stringer and possibly Gleeson to return to the team after the bye.

I like Benny McNeice, was an advocate of making him an AFL player but for us to progress as an AFL side it’s our bottom 4/6 we need to improve on Ben is unfortunately apart of this.

Is easy to see why they like him, he has great skills, an ok size and a mature body. Obviously the improvement has never came so what we see is what we get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Benny McNeice, was an advocate of making him an AFL player but for us to progress as an AFL side it’s our bottom 4/6 we need to improve on Ben is unfortunately apart of this.

Is easy to see why they like him, he has great skills, an ok size and a mature body. Obviously the improvement has never came so what we see is what we get.

Have to say I prefer Matt Dea over Ben McNiece. I may even still prefer Mark Baguley over McNiece.
Certainly the best of Baguley a few years back was much better than McNiece.

Ben would certainly carve up at lower levels and is generally a very good ball user. But not imposing enough for the main game I don't think.

Did Dodoro not sight McNiece as a reason for not taking a 2nd mid-season draft pick?

“We passed because Ben McNiece is a category B rookie. He’s playing really good footy and we didn’t want to get him off the list.”

I don't get it. We have now 3 players out for the season - Daniher, Draper and Smith, and have used 1 spot up by taking Snelling in the mid season draft. Why does McNeice need to go back to the cat B rookie list?

Did Dodoro not sight McNiece as a reason for not taking a 2nd mid-season draft pick?

Really good footy!?

I would really hate to think we miss out on Bowman.

He has been great playing VFL, basically demanding an opportunity and could be a long term second ruck, key forward.

I don't get it. We have now 3 players out for the season - Daniher, Draper and Smith, and have used 1 spot up by taking Snelling in the mid season draft. Why does McNeice need to go back to the cat B rookie list?
Depends whether those others are even on the LTI list. Once they are they can’t play for a minimum of 6 weeks (no danger of that possibility anyway I would think).

The other aspect of it is the inclusion of the rookies wages under the TPP. The LTI players wages aren’t excluded so it’d affect the salary cap, though I’m not sure how much a cat B rookie would really earn and I’d hope that isn’t enough to cause us issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure I've asked this before, but why is a 27 year old who has played less than 20 games and shown nothing even on our list? What a waste of list space, what a waste of a name on the team sheet, we could be playing an 18 year old with a future.

I'm sure I've asked this before, but why is a 27 year old who has played less than 20 games and shown nothing even on our list? What a waste of list space, what a waste of a name on the team sheet, we could be playing an 18 year old with a future.

He tries his best. Unfortunately it looks like that's not enough. Coaches obviously like him enough to play him so must do the team things well that you don't see on the TV but that's just not enough, he loses too many contests and doesn't hurt the opposition going the other way.

No great surprise but Benny is hanging up the boots after the VFL team is finished to concentrate on becoming a fireman and playing local football in 2020

Good on him. Gave it a crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back