Delisted #41: Brendan Lee - Delisted after 2 senior games

Remove this Banner Ad

Provided the depth that we put him on the list for. I'm happy for him to have been given the opportunity to prove that he can make the grade (which he probably can).

We have enough midfield workhorses with questionable disposal, though, so I don't see the point using a spot on the senior list on him.

My decision would also depend on what happens to the others similar sorts of players which are currently on the list. I'd swap Lonergan for Lee, for example, but if Moloney is signed up it is starting to become a pretty tight squeeze.

We've already used the rookie list to great advantage to plug the middle age gap in our list.

Put it this way, if it was 2009 I'm pretty sure that he would be all but signed onto the senior list by now. We just aren't in the phase of the development of our list that requires needs more midfield depth players (i.e. those who are mature but not going to play a lot of senior footy, unlike Moloney).

I know this gets said about ever player at some point but he'd be quite a good fit for GC and GWS for the next few years. They could use hard running, mature mids to compliment their younger players until the youngsters can step up and not get rotated out of the side every other week. If his sorted his disposal out he could have a very solid AFL career.

Clubs are looking for the next Barlow or Pods, and when rookies don't deliver that, they're gone.

No point having good average players on the rookie list, especially when it's an area of strength (Jobe, Moloney?, Lonergan). He'll go back to the WAFL and dominate again.

Yeah seems as though Brendan has been moved on.. Disappointing for him but he would have struggled to get a place in the midfield next year with injured players returning plus Moloney and Goddard possibly in the side..

Hope he gets another opportunity elsewhere :)

Yeah seems as though Brendan has been moved on.. Disappointing for him but he would have struggled to get a place in the midfield next year with injured players returning plus Moloney and Goddard possibly in the side..

Hope he gets another opportunity elsewhere :)

Yep, confirmed, he's gone.

So it seems the players who have been delisted have been told... When will we find out I wonder?
Lee and Lonergan have indicated on twitter. No confirm so far, that I have seen anyway

Thought he was worth another year but not a player you lose a lot of sleep over, his chances of playing midfield would have been affected by Zaka being back, Hepp moving into the middle and Kav hopefully pushing for a spot mid season next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"@AFL_Off_Season: @BrendanLee41 Hey mate any truth about you being delisted?"
"@BrendanLee41: @AFL_Off_Season I'm afraid there is #sadface"

Unless ts a fake account...

That is his real account I follow him on twitter too, someone else on twitter just announced he has been cut as well so it all seems pretty genuine to me

"@AFL_Off_Season: @BrendanLee41 Hey mate any truth about you being delisted?"
"@BrendanLee41: @AFL_Off_Season I'm afraid there is #sadface"

Unless ts a fake account...

Be that as it may, we're still going to wait for official word on the club.

I am a stickler for such nonsense.

Binga has confirmed it on twitter, got asked flat out and said 'afraid so'
he then got asked who else is gone and said no idea, which is grain of salt stuff tbh.

I also learned that zacka has one hell of a hat collection

Rookie list Lonergan as well, he deserves a chance and is solid backup....
MAybe that's what he meant by Any team will do?

I don't think you really re-rookie a guy who's been playing seniors for 6 years.

Winner of Bendigo's best n fairest... Thought he was unlucky to get the chop, thought he showed a bit in his senior appearances!

Brendan Lee@BrendanLee41
Thanks for the well wishes over the last few weeks guys,appreciate them. You are apart of a great club with success just around the corner!

Wish him all the best. I get the feeling the decision was mutual.

Essendon probably indicated that he wasn't really required or going to get that much of a go so he thought he'd see if there was any other interest and if not go home and play in the WAFL.

Brendan Lee@BrendanLee41
Thanks for the well wishes over the last few weeks guys,appreciate them. You are apart of a great club with success just around the corner!

Wish him all the best. I get the feeling the decision was mutual.

Essendon probably indicated that he wasn't really required or going to get that much of a go so he thought he'd see if there was any other interest and if not go home and play in the WAFL.
Also focus on his business more now.
All the best to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back