Review Brendon Ah Chee (2018 - 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oof...dropped to the emergencies for Liam Ryan.

I suppose this is what happens when you go 4 weeks on a HFF without kicking a goal.

He's stayed in Perth so will likely get some WAFL action on Saturday.

After missing 2 losses Arch is back in the side and ready to rumble against the crows thanks to an unfortunate wrist injury to Lecras. This should mean a mix of forward and midfield time.

Here's hoping Brendon can fix our scoring woes.

It would appear the massive turd sandwich which is the Andrew Gaff situation has a silver lining. Arch is back to play against Port this weekend in a massive game for both teams chances.

This is his chance to cement a spot leading into finals and to finally add that special something which could take us all the way to another grand final.

Arch had a fine game on the weekend against his old club, highlighted by some very good contested work and goal assists.

He has a real chance to cement a spot this week against Melbourne in another crunch game, and I firmly believe if he misses selection it'll be a travesty.

Arch had a fine game on the weekend against his old club, highlighted by some very good contested work and goal assists.

He has a real chance to cement a spot this week against Melbourne in another crunch game, and I firmly believe if he misses selection it'll be a travesty.
Was very good on the weekend. Absolutely holds his spot.

Doing the rounds this week, on being the 23rd man in a premiership.

So close but so far: Eagle motivated by missed flag
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-02/so-close-but-so-far-eagle-motivated-by-missed-flag

Named as a Grand Final emergency, Ah Chee was involved in the entire build-up to the decider.
He sat in on team meetings and the parade through Melbourne's CBD, and trained while Jeremy McGovern was put through a last-minute fitness test on match eve.
"It was a weird feeling to be part of everything and then not be able to run out and play," he said.
"It was only after when we were all out on the ground you could see the joy on all the boys' faces knowing that they achieved something special that they'll have for the rest of their lives, obviously the feelings of envy and wishing you could feel that as well, that sort of kicks in.
"A little bit of 'what if?', but it's done. It was an awesome year, great to be a part of it, but now I want to be part of something a little bit more."

But he is backing himself to become a midfield regular, and is among a host of Eagles who has shed weight this summer to improve his running.
Ah Chee clocked a personal best 2km time trial before Christmas, and is using teammate Jack Redden's form spike as inspiration heading into next season.

"I've still got the confidence in my ability, it's just when the opportunity arises it's up to me to take it like 'Reddo' did.

You can't keep a good Kelmscott product down. They simply keep fighting for what is rightly theirs until the opposition runs out of fight (and/or breath).

He has the talent. He has the skills. He has a burning desire to have what he missed out on last year. The opportunity is there.

Doors are opening for Ah Chee, he just needs to walk through them.

The Norm Smith is his for the taking.

The mystery man, we may need to see what he can offer sooner than later,
if we keep getting rag-dolled like we were at The Gabba?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thrilled this bloke not only got a chance in Round 1 but showed us what he's made of.

He hasn't played a bad game for the club IMO, he's just had limited opportunities. He's been solid in all the games he's played. Hope he can continue to perform well when football resumes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back