Past #41: Corey Wagner - #43 '15 National Draft - 8 NM games - one Snapchat scandal - thanks Wags

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
I'm not bagging the Club, at the end of the day its a business with a focus of winning games to keep its supporters happy and a coach employed. If that means swapping the deckchairs to get the right players on the list, then players are going to be disappointed, fact of life.
I'm just saying that disappointment doesn't need to be compounded by slurs on social media.
I'm not sure what the Club has to lose by coming out straight away and announcing a delist. I agree we don't live in an ideal world and all players can't expect a lovely send off, but the courtesy of a "thanks and good luck" wouldn't hurt, same applies to the fans no matter how we rated him.
Don't disagree however surely it's in the clubs AND players best interest to keep it confidential to see if a trade can be manufactured. Letting the world know you've been delisted simply raises question marks as to why, especially as he seemed to be tracking along well.

Gunnu

Debutant
Apr 15, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't disagree however surely it's in the clubs AND players best interest to keep it confidential to see if a trade can be manufactured. Letting the world know you've been delisted simply raises question marks as to why, especially as he seemed to be tracking along well.

Look my post was never aimed at the Club. I was just disappointed that on top of being delisted the kid was getting slammed on social media by North supporters.
Sure they get media training etc etc but who would expect our own fans to bag him. He’s not without blame handling it very poorly but he is only 20 and obviously pissed off.
I see your point but North is natorious for keeping players in limbo. Dec Manford a classic example. Looking at the quality of this years global delisted players he’s not the only one with talent being let go.
I’m just saying, Thank him, wish him good luck, don’t bag him or remind him of his short comings.

Look my post was never aimed at the Club. I was just disappointed that on top of being delisted the kid was getting slammed on social media by North supporters.
Sure they get media training etc etc but who would expect our own fans to bag him. He’s not without blame handling it very poorly but he is only 20 and obviously pissed off.
I see your point but North is natorious for keeping players in limbo. Dec Manford a classic example. Looking at the quality of this years global delisted players he’s not the only one with talent being let go.
I’m just saying, Thank him, wish him good luck, don’t bag him or remind him of his short comings.

I think all what you’ve claimed above was by his own hand!!
#*northmelbourne posted by his brother on his own social media account is what enraged many posters on here including myself.

Tbh Corey shows an inherent lack of maturity, and I for one believe he’s no longer at the club for these reasons, Not his commitment or dedication.

Perhaps Corey needs to stay away from Social media as it clearly isn’t working for him.

tiltraise

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2008
arden street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dang I skip this thread for a couple of days and now im pages behind.

For those who dont want to sift through the many posts I thought id do a quick summary in visual form.

425562_e13efe559d4b10cc82eeda8fbc75a97a.png

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My post in the Contracts thread

Wagner and Taylor are gone
Mountford & Watson told they have to wait

sross, Aug 29, 2017

He was told that long ago
Fair enough. Obviously waiting to see if any interest in a trade from other clubs before announcing publicly. Found out yesterday there was no interest so now make the announcement. Same thing with Mullett.

Watson? Don't draftees automatically get 2 year contracts?

MrBlueandWhite

Senior List
Nov 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Considering he's only been on the list for 2 years and he played a few games before his ankle injury, I'm surprised we didn't offer to pick him up as a rookie.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I liked this guy, always felt like he was on the verge of a breakout game... shame he was clearly being weighed down

Apr 20, 2001
Limerick Hotel
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Fair enough. Obviously waiting to see if any interest in a trade from other clubs before announcing publicly. Found out yesterday there was no interest so now make the announcement. Same thing with Mullett.

Watson? Don't draftees automatically get 2 year contracts?

I thought so too but the source is very close to Watson. He is out for the year anyway as he had a knee reco

Steele7

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grassy Hawks
Joyce said we are after young midfielders. But we let one go in Wagner. Must be something there.

Joyce said we are after young midfielders. But we let one go in Wagner. Must be something there.

Injury history and a possible lack of application perhaps? Dunno. He certainly showed what he COULD do in the few minutes he played against Adelaide but that's but a tiny snippet of his two years at the club. Perhaps he was line ball and we cut our losses based on the above, feeling there will be better options for his spot coming in the next couple of drafts.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Injury history and a possible lack of application perhaps? Dunno. He certainly showed what he COULD do in the few minutes he played against Adelaide but that's but a tiny snippet of his two years at the club. Perhaps he was line ball and we cut our losses based on the above, feeling there will be better options for his spot coming in the next couple of drafts.

He was coming from behind also with his selfie scandal (not that I saw the photos).

Back