Past #41: Corey Wagner - #43 '15 National Draft - 8 NM games - one Snapchat scandal - thanks Wags

Remove this Banner Ad

Really???? Haven't we go enough crap taking place at the club without some young kid making yet another error of judgement. Christ, I don't think I was that stupid at that age.....

Sees username and laughs like Kelvin Cunnington. :)

I'm so glad phones and cameras weren't everywhere growing up. And hopefully a little less stupid as well.

Really???? Haven't we go enough crap taking place at the club without some young kid making yet another error of judgement. Christ, I don't think I was that stupid at that age.....

Yeah, it took you an extra couple of decades to get that stupid, but you got there.

And before you respond, unfortunately I was as stupid then as I am now. :thumbsu:

Calm down. It's not a big deal.

His package is though.
I know it's not a big deal and that he hasn't broken any laws....blah, blah, blah.

What it is though, is another distraction. For him personally, for club staff (to have to counsel him), for the other players (who'll be taking the piss out of him and not focusing on what they REALLY should be focusing on), etc, etc.

What more concerns me is the decision making of some of our young blokes. Wags, Daw, Dumont, Turner......
I've done some seriously questionable stuff in the name of poontang, but supplying someone I've never actually met with a picture of my gear isn't up there! Again, I know it's not a big deal, but these blokes clearly aren't going to be joining Mensa anytime soon either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's not a big deal and that he hasn't broken any laws....blah, blah, blah.

What it is though, is another distraction. For him personally, for club staff (to have to counsel him), for the other players (who'll be taking the piss out of him and not focusing on what they REALLY should be focusing on), etc, etc.

What more concerns me is the decision making of some of our young blokes. Wags, Daw, Dumont, Turner......
I've done some seriously questionable stuff in the name of poontang, but supplying someone I've never actually met with a picture of my gear isn't up there! Again, I know it's not a big deal, but these blokes clearly aren't going to be joining Mensa anytime soon either.
Make sure you have the facts right before you start critising first hey

Should have just stopped there I reckon.
Not really.

This is not a hangable (hungable?) offence, but there seems to be a worrying trend lately. To deny that is simply sticking your head in the sand.

What he did is not illegal (if it was solicited from him, which from what I know it was), but you can't honestly think that this doesn't serve as a distraction away from what the club want to be focused on?

The trend is your friend.
  • Dumont getting in a bust up.
  • Turner drink driving
  • Brad Scott losing his cool and not fact checking
  • Brayshaw being involved in a potentially disparaging remark about Caroline Wilson (which I think the issue was completely over the top, but can't deny Brayshaw was dragged through the mud because of it)
  • Wagner sending dick picks to someone he has never met

We have to be better than this. It is unacceptable. You need so many things to go right for you to win a Premiership, on field as well as off field. This is completely unacceptable.

I'm not saying the club should punish Wags, as what he does in his own time is his business as long as he doesn't break any rules. But that only goes so far. Once it imposes unwanted scrutiny and distraction onto the club it becomes an issue.

These guys are young and will make mistakes. No issues there. This is a mistake. This is a lesson that everyone has to improve, from the top down. Football needs to be a 24/7 job if you want to win a Premiership. You have to make sacrifices, and if that sacrifice includes not sending a picture of your old fella to a random, then tough t***ies.

I would stop short of saying we're out of control. But this is the sort of behaviour in clusters that we haven't seen in recent years and I'm afraid something is amiss culturally, or at least could become amiss culturally down the track if we don't stamp it out now.

What the gear or the situation?:flushed:

Seriously if I replayed the stupid things I've done over my life in my head is have a nervous breakdown

Actually he is the wronged party here he shared what he thought was in confidence an intimate photo, what two consenting adults do is no ones business. Naive yes, wrong absolutely not.

I mean a lot of rightful work has been done in the name of revenge pr0n, I find any unsolicited sharing of these images in the same ballpark.

I hope the club, afl etc give him the help he needs to seek recourse in this.

I fill baird for my kuds. They got pucked on at school because some udiot sint a puck of his duck to a cetfush.
They're under tin, so they don't even git why the sully pruck would fluck a puck of his duck to a chuck let alone a fush.
Duffucult duscussions at the Smuth house last night eh.

We have to be better than this. It is unacceptable. You need so many things to go right for you to win a Premiership, on field as well as off field. This is completely unacceptable.

Not suggesting that this behavior is acceptable or anything, but is the highlighted really the case? Hawthorn always seem to be involved in some bullshit yet dominate the competition.

daw hasn't done anything though....

dumont's case i'm not up to date on, but hasn't been found guilty of anything either.

sending a dick pic is common these days, calm down you old campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back