41 days on, and do you know what sh!#$ me?!*

Remove this Banner Ad

We have the team to go close, or at least do very well in the next 3 years.

Most players in the top 100? Pies win, Swans in bottom five

Nathan Buckley's team is the only one to boast 10 players in the top 100 Official AFL Player Ratings.

The Magpies' perfect 10 comprises All Australian ruckman Brodie Grundy (No.4), midfielders Adam Treloar (18), Scott Pendlebury (21), Steele Sidebottom (28), Taylor Adams (31), defenders Jack Crisp (44) and Jeremy Howe (61), ex-Lion Beams (65), wingman Tom Phillips (87) and emerging star Jordan de Goey (90)
this-is-where-the-fun-begins-when-your-teacher-doesnt-21509290.png

It meant that the arrogant mouthing-off Tiges supporters went home with their tails between their legs.
In their minds they had one hand on the premiership cup before the game even started.
And then they got rammed by the Pies.
Love the fact that they go into 2019 as favourites...I view it as the PRESSURE is on them especially with the Lynch factor. Bring on 2019!!

It meant something to me because I got to post this everywhere
xY2EmhZ.gif
Anyone got a video of this clown immediately after the prelim?

It meant something to me because I got to post this everywhere
xY2EmhZ.gif
It genuinely amazes me that the Tiges fans couldn't see that the two injuries we suffered in both H&A games had a major influence on the result of the match.

It genuinely amazes me that the Tigers fans couldn't see that the two injuries we suffered in both H&A games had a major influence on the result of the match.

I think the Tiges fans got the message loud and clear on PF night. That game still makes me smile, despite what happened the following week.

Also one of those games that, even though I was there, I've watched the replay a couple of times, as much as anything to hear the commentary and the tone in their voices as reality dawned about Richmond. The footy darlings of 2018 were not gonna make the GF.

Bliss.

Last edited:
I still laugh at the Richmond supporters hyping up the prelim ticket sales, about how they outsold us 2 to 1. Collingwood were that much louder after every goal and every key play that it was embarrassing. The Cooooolllinngwoood cheer in the last 15 seconds was also probably the loudest there has ever been. Unbelievable atmosphere and it was all black and white.

It genuinely amazes me that the Tiges fans couldn't see that the two injuries we suffered in both H&A games had a major influence on the result of the match.
Me too. I was amazed and disappointed at the arrogance of many bf tiger fans: "pies have injuries". Still, didn't the tigers have injuries in the PF? Is there a chance we might be going down the same path, assuming our win in the pf is clear proof we are the better team? They we not themselves in the pf, at their best I'm not convinced we were better. Next year is a new story though, and based on the matches this year we have their measure.

Me too. I was amazed and disappointed at the arrogance of many bf tiger fans: "pies have injuries". Still, didn't the tigers have injuries in the PF? Is there a chance we might be going down the same path, assuming our win in the pf is clear proof we are the better team? They we not themselves in the pf, at their best I'm not convinced we were better. Next year is a new story though, and based on the matches this year we have their measure.
Certainly Martin carrying something hurt them and their drive.
I think they are quite reliant in their top end talent.

That said it’s not an unfair call to say they were the overall best team during the season.
Equally it’s fair comment to suggest West Ciast was overall the second best team and a worthy premier.

For what it’s worth I’d suggest we were comfortably the third best side for 2018.

We can improve, mature and gel even more for 2019.
That is promising enough to give the flag a big shake ongoing in the next few seasons.

FFS it was a bad day. They didn't play to their best and were very bad in the 2nd and 3rd Qs. (3 goals in the 1st were out the back and lucky).

Got absolutely owned for the majority of the game.

But to spite all that got 5 goals up (with a bit of luck) and hung on for dear life, showed immense courage and for the bounce of a ball in the last 3 mins would've pinched it.

Nothing but RESPECT.

I just completed the ladder predictor 2019 with my daughter and we finish on top and win the GF. So happy right now.
I’m sure you’re a good judge

:)

I have watched the last few minutes a number of times-I even paused and watched some plays frame by frame. It is so painful yet I am drawn to it-to be so close....it's like picking at a scab. My wife, son and brother think I'm mad and none of them have looked at it since the fateful day. I find it hard to believe we lost another grand final this year. I don't think the media ever make enough of the absolutely diabolical run we have had in finals and grand finals throughout our history.

FFS it was a bad day. They didn't play to their best and were very bad in the 2nd and 3rd Qs. (3 goals in the 1st were out the back and lucky).

But to spite all that got 5 goals up (with a bit of luck) and hung on for dear life, showed immense courage and for the bounce of a ball in the last 3 mins would've pinched it.

Nothing but RESPECT.
For a side everyone claims was outplayed for most of the day-we did lead for 98% of the game. I think people are overstating the Eagle's performance or understating ours. They were playing catch up-not us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I reckon that ruck free against Grundy in the last was a worse call then the non free to Maynard but didn’t get much publicity. It seemed to be extremely soft and to be honest looked pre planned by the umpire
I still don't know what the f### that ruck free against Grundy was for. That was the momentum killer. It was one of those frees umps pluck out of their arses when two ruckmen are grappling.:mad:

I have rewatched the game in full and actually found it actually helped dull the pain.

Upon rewatching we were lucky to get out to such a lead, and then were basically just trying to hold on as the Eagles outplayed us basically all game.

I still thought the quick burst to start Q4 would break there back, but not to be.

It still stings as we were so close, but the feeling of being robbed has gone...if we won we would have ‘pinched’ one.

How do you pinch a game you led for 98% of the match?

I still don't know what the f### that ruck free against Grundy was for. That was the momentum killer. It was one of those frees umps pluck out of their arses when two ruckmen are grappling.:mad:
That was a killer.

A bizarre pick one out of Uranus.

Which one!? :mad::'(

Reg was shafted with 3 or 4 of those flip a coin free against in ruck contests where nobody really knows what it was for...

Nothing but RESPECT.
You talk about our "out the back" goals as being lucky. Other than Cole dropping a chest mark the goals were created by good, quick ball movement, not luck. Luck is what you call the Eagles' first goal. Rioli ( I think) bloody well tripped on the pill. If you are owned by an opposition side it usually translates to a lopsided scoreline. I think you made a poor choice of words. We held the biggest lead of the match and as I have already stated, we led for 98% of the game. These stats don't seem to fit with your summary of the clash.

That was a killer.

A bizarre pick one out of Uranus.
Not having seen the replay my best guess is for blocking.
Despite having a 100kg player charging at you, you are not allowed to, (instinctively) protect your space by putting your arm out.

I have mate who is an ex Collingwood player and he is adamant we will be in the top tier for the next four or so years and a big chance to win a flag. He doesn't view this year as a "one out of the box" but the beginning of something we will sustain.
I thought we overachieved last year and still building into the team we will be. I honestly believe we will get better, just how much better other teams get is the question. Complacency will be the biggest threat this year but it feels good.

I thought we overachieved last year and still building into the team we will be. I honestly believe we will get better, just how much better other teams get is the question. Complacency will be the biggest threat this year but it feels good.
I feel like complacency would hit even harder if we did win the Grand Final. I'm hoping this this one loss is enough to stir the hunger for 2+ flags :)

I have mate who is an ex Collingwood player and he is adamant we will be in the top tier for the next four or so years and a big chance to win a flag. He doesn't view this year as a "one out of the box" but the beginning of something we will sustain.
Dear Lord of the Universe, AFL, Melbourne, Australia, my House, ...
please let this come to pass so that I might eventually pass from this earth in a state of perpetual peace with the torment of many losing GFs finally eradicated from my black and white soul / being / mind / existence etc :)

Makes sense given a large portion of our core group like Grundy, Adams, Treloar, Crisp, WHE, Langdon, Elliott etc will be in that 25/26 age bracket in 2019. Also need to make the most of Grundy while he is at his peak for the next 4/5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back