Past #41: Gordon Narrier - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Flash

Remove this Banner Ad

It's very noticeable but give him time.... Early start, new places, new faces. Not everyone is ready from the start. Go easy on the boy. I think he'll be a gem.

If anything he looks a bit nervous/shy/trying to be good.

In white culture you shake someone's hand firmly and look them in the eye. Often in indigenous Australian culture when you shake someone's hand you do it gently and try and feel them and get a feel for them, not promote how strong your forearm is. Same with looking someone in the eye. Usually its a brief thing if it happens at all.. Look someone in the eye for more than a second or two and its very confrontational and may lead to a fight, especially with older men than you.

If anything he looks a bit nervous/shy/trying to be good.

In white culture you shake someone's hand firmly and look them in the eye. Often in indigenous Australian culture when you shake someone's hand you do it gently and try and feel them and get a feel for them, not promote how strong your forearm is. Same with looking someone in the eye. Usually its a brief thing if it happens at all.. Look someone in the eye for more than a second or two and its very confrontational and may lead to a fight, especially with older men than you.

Spot on ferbs. LT taught me all about this in his latter years when we discussed how shy he was when we first met in his rookie season.

This video:

Luke's gonna be a gun. Talent personified.

Changed my opinion on Will Walker.
Sooner he adds the size to his frame the better we will be for it. Looks an out and out accumulator.

You guys read that as bad body language?

Terrible take imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wtf lol

He’s in the video for approx 14 seconds.

He throws the ball on the ground a little bit lacksadaisically but I honestly reckon we are reading a touch too much into that.
Meanwhile over in the LDU thread people are jerking themselves raw over him when he has by far the most disinterested look of the draftees.

Not that he's disinterested at all he just has "resting lachonic face".

I think he's looked pretty young in both of these videos. Needs a mentor.

A good mentor would help him be more engaged, get more buy-in with the little things. Little lack of focus is understandable for young kids with so many changes.

Patience.

Harsh on the young man. Especially because pre-draft he was probably sleeping in to ~9am AWST. Doing an early morning training over here would feel like he's out training at 5am to him.

Harsh on the young man. Especially because pre-draft he was probably sleeping in to ~9am AWST. Doing an early morning training over here would feel like he's out training at 5am to him.
This post sums up the mental softness of todays world.

This post sums up the mental softness of todays world.

I think the comment was pointing out the timezone change.

Regardless think there's a bit of bubbling up about nothing here. 18yo kid in his first fulltime job doesn't look 200% focused during an activity. Stop press.

Probably why he got drafted as a 19 old rookie. Hopefully he puts his head down and bum up and doesnt rely on talent alone to get him through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back