Jul 9, 2015
Αρκαδία
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers, Gold City Royals

Hayden McLean

Player Profile

Pre-season supplementary list rules allowed the Sydney Swans to sign Hayden McLean in March 2019, and while injury ruled out the key-position player for seven of the first 10 NEAFL games of the season, he’d respond in commanding fashion. The former Sandringham Dragons skipper made his AFL debut as Sydney met Fremantle in Round 18, 2019, which saw him battle imposing ruck trio Aaron Sandilands, Sean Darcy and Rory Lobb, as well as a parochial Optus Stadium crowd. Coach John Longmire praised McLean’s debut performance and he finished the season with four AFL games beside his name. The 197-centimetre, 93-kilogram giant is chasing consistent AFL selection in 2020. Draft history: 2019 pre-season supplementary rookie selection

Hayden McLean

DOB:20 January 1999
DRAFT:2018
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/St Bede's Coll (Vic)/ Sand U18/Sand (VFL)

Last edited:

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
He appears to have a professional and mature head on his shoulders with having to handle going in and out of the side despite playing fairly well. I really think he's an untapped resource who can be a genuinely good player. He's got a real sense for playing footy. I don't see why ultimately he can't end up providing what Sam Reid has at his best - hard-working, 2nd tall who tackles hard and is good for 1.5 goals a game while also taking 2nd ruck duties. I really hope we re-sign him with Reid and Bud coming to the end of their careers.

Not a star but an essential type of player in a good team: selfless, industrious, and a good footy brain.
We need to be getting games into him.

Remove this Banner Ad