Jul 9, 2015
Αρκαδία
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers, Gold City Royals

Hayden McLean

Player Profile

Pre-season supplementary list rules allowed the Sydney Swans to sign Hayden McLean in March 2019, and while injury ruled out the key-position player for seven of the first 10 NEAFL games of the season, he’d respond in commanding fashion. The former Sandringham Dragons skipper made his AFL debut as Sydney met Fremantle in Round 18, 2019, which saw him battle imposing ruck trio Aaron Sandilands, Sean Darcy and Rory Lobb, as well as a parochial Optus Stadium crowd. Coach John Longmire praised McLean’s debut performance and he finished the season with four AFL games beside his name. The 197-centimetre, 93-kilogram giant is chasing consistent AFL selection in 2020. Draft history: 2019 pre-season supplementary rookie selection

Hayden McLean

DOB:20 January 1999
DRAFT:2018
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/St Bede's Coll (Vic)/ Sand U18/Sand (VFL)

Last edited:

RedmanWasHere

Rarely in kitchens at parties.
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Richmond AFLW
Got a lot of time for him as a Swan. We’d be making a big mistake if we ever saw him as a supplement to our needs. He could genuinely be the perfect combo with McDonald for a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a ready made moniker.

The Big Macs.

GoTheSwannies

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Was a fan from his first game as an undersized and unfit ruck. Won quite a few clearances and showed intelligence and toughness.
My sentiments exactly. I've been on the bandwagon since game 1. He has that toughness about his game we really lacked when he debuted.

He's not the most agile, but you work to his strengths and he'll get the job done. And that's exactly what we've seen this season.

The upside is that his positioning and body work will only get better. His kicking has been a real strength, one of the most reliable kicks for goal.

Star in the making!!

Remove this Banner Ad