Player Watch #4: Judd McVee – Round 18 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

SackLunch

Team Captain
Apr 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Welcome to the Melbourne Football Club, Judd Mcvee.

Judd was chosen at pick 18 (due to Melbourne winning the 2021 AFL Premiership) in the 2021 rookie draft. Judd is yet another player from the great city of Perth, Western Australia.

A rebounding half-back, Judd has the distinct advantage that when you type his name into google he is the number 1 search result. His surname also reminds the author of the name of the street he grew up on: Mcfees road, Dandenong. That is not a good thing.

Nevertheless, good luck Judd. You join a team of champions.

How sneaky good has #41 been btw. Frank Adams, Dogga Brown, Nathan Carroll, Jay Lockhart, Darren Jolly, Peter Rhode, Alex Georgiou

Has all the intangibles you want from a half back.

Balanced, doesn't panic, makes good decisions quickly, reliable kick and off a small sample size he seems a decent 1 on 1 defender.

Bowey and Rivers back in form and McVee into the team and performing makes us a much better team than 2022 where we had Hunt, out of form/injured Salem and Rivers, ageing Hibberd in the team.

ah, no. Cmon. He was ok, but surely we can't be saying he's better than Salem after 1 senior game? 14 touches is good but not great. Looked poised enough with ball and defensively. Let's see more of a sample size before we go throwing Salem out the door.

Salem has the tools to be elite yet makes safe and boring choices by foot. If he comes back in and is more daring with his possessions, then Salem can be a real weapon. Judd still raw really. I want to see how he goes against the top sides. Next 2 weeks a massive test if he plays. Looks good though. Loved his first practice game. Looked very good watching him at practice in the offseason as well. Seemed to get more involved as the game went on against the Dogs. His fitness looks solid. Good replacement for Hunt maybe. I can see both McVee and Salem in the same side.

Salo's best (2021 Anzac Eve) is very, very good but we don't see it nearly enough. Just never know if we're gonna get the tough, aggressive, positive Salem or the soft, passive, cautious one.

Also, McVee moves like someone, but I can't figure out who it is just yet. I'll keep you updated as this story develops...

Also, McVee moves like someone, but I can't figure out who it is just yet. I'll keep you updated as this story develops...

Being trying to decipher this myself, been doing my head in all weekend. It's someone from another team I think, might be even be a former player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salo's best (2021 Anzac Eve) is very, very good but we don't see it nearly enough. Just never know if we're gonna get the tough, aggressive, positive Salem or the soft, passive, cautious one.

I see a fair bit of Nev Jetta in his play. Scraps, defence first, does the basics well, keeps it simple and finds a target. Maybe gains more meters but could be a bit of our shiny new game style in that.

Liked him, gives us some much needed dare and flair in the backline. Something Riv had when he started but has kinda changed in him

I see a fair bit of Nev Jetta in his play. Scraps, defence first, does the basics well, keeps it simple and finds a target. Maybe gains more meters but could be a bit of our shiny new game style in that.

Plays more like Daniel Ward than Nev from an ex Dees perspective. Ward isn't the player he reminds me of however, still doing my head in trying to work it out.

Perhaps we could turn this into a LEGENDARY guessing game. :laughv1:

Longest player thread in BF history by the time we get to the bottom of it I reckon.

Longest player thread in BF history by the time we get to the bottom of it I reckon.
No doubt you'll make your way across to this VERY SUCCESSFUL Headless thread. :love:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back